Things are going the right way finally. I'm down only a couple pounds, to 212.4, but my inches took off like mad, losing close to 4 inches overall. My body fat percentage went down well also. I can tell because I can FIT into some clothes now!! I've been VERY good but I think I need to boost up my veggie intake. I still feel fat because the clothes I'm wearing now actually FIT me and that means my rolls are way more noticeable, but
Right now I'm eating too much natural protein. I am having a salad of lettuce, grapeseed oil, 3 oz of left over chicken, a few slices of onion, and 8oz of ground beef seasoned with taco & fajita seasoning. I should not have 8 ounces of ground beef, but all day I've been REALLY hungry. I even had some beef jerky snacks at work because I was starving -but I was also bored, so I think there's a correlation there!! Eureka!! However, part of eating healthy is responding to what your body is telling you...and today it's been telling me that it's freaken hungry. I bought a new flavor of protein drink today and I'm excited to try it later after my huge salad with too much protein and another two baggies of veggies. It's setting up to be a good night. HAHA.
Salads take SO long to eat. Usually I take a while to eat anyway, so you can imagine how long it takes me to eat a salad forkful by forkful. Sometimes it's an all night affair! I used to eat nice wonderful salads at work for lunch, but I never had the time so that's why I've resorted to baggies of veggies for my lunch. Once I hit phase 2 & 3, I'll have to add some protein in the middle of the day, so I will have to problem solve that issue when it is relevant.
My coach asked me today if I felt like I needed to take a break or if I thought I might soon. I honestly don't feel like I want to - or even need to. I'm more motivated to lose this weight than I am sad about what I'm temporarily denying myself. It REALLY helps when friends and family either order stuff (and/or cook stuff) that is low carb and veggie-full and it mostly helps when they don't hassle me because I say no to cake or bread or something else. Every once in a while my dad will say something like "don't you eat anything?" and when I'm at a lower weight he always insists I eat more because I don't eat enough and am getting too skinny. That's HILARIOUS because I haven't been low enough in weight to be "too skinny" since I was younger than 16. SO, once he starts saying that to me, I know that I have only a little more to go until I hit my goal weight. No scale needed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment