So WOW, it's been a while since I've posted!! I've had some busy days with people that make my life happy and a lot of family stuff.
Let's just say I've been enjoying myself and enjoying life a hell of a lot this past week. That means eating and drinking things I "shouldn't". Like tonight. I went to JL Beers for a beer and a burger. I had two short beers, a hamburger patty, and a bunch of chips. The hamburger patty was "in protocol", but none of the other stuff was. However, I did not eat the scrumptious bun nor steal any fries from the other person I was with (because oh yes, I thought about it...a lot. Especially since he doused them with salt and pepper...YUM). Also, on Sunday I ate a shit ton of chips, cheezits, and chex mix. Now, a "shit ton" to me these days of carbs equals about 3 cups, if that. A "shit ton" of carbs to me in the past meant an entire bag of doritos....a FAMILY SIZE bag. oofda. And on Saturday, I enjoyed a few handfuls of peanuts and half of a baked potato at a wedding reception. There may have also been a beer drank that afternoon as well.
So my scale says 210lbs. I'm pretty sure I will show a weight gain on my weigh in tomorrow. But you know what? I want to blame it on PMS and my period - BUT that would be cheating, not being truthful and just plain not being authentic. I'm not going to blame it on anything. That's a waste of my time and just allows negativity and discontent to enter my life.
I need to keep in mind that I am only 15 lbs away from my end of August goal of 195. That's 6 weeks or more away. And that means I am only 45-60lbs away from my Christmas goal of 150-165. In the past 10 weeks or so I've lost about 35lbs. I am almost at my ultimate goal. Christmas is 6 months/40 weeks away. I CAN do this. And simply...I WILL.
This morning I found that I need to really get to unpacking my clothes and putting stuff away. I have a closet of stuff that doesn't fit me anymore and a suitcase and rubbermaid bin that doesn't YET. By mid-August, I will be in the clothes in the suitcase. By end of October, I will be into the clothes in the rubbermaid bin. It's just that easy. I want it. And because I want it, I'll work for it. And because I work for it, I will get it. Simple as pie.
That means making the hard choices now. That means NOT having the most delicious burger of all time at JLBeers (which is the 13th avenue or the 32nd avenue or the 1st avenue or the 2nd avenue burger ....all the same, just named differently at different locations). That also means NO DORITOS. Other chips are like "eh, whatever" & I can stop at a small handful. But just like if I'm a recovering heroin addict, one hit would be a disaster .... Doritos are my heroin. That also means no pizza. That's a close second. And beer. My god I love me some beer -and let's not forget whiskey. But a good thing, I'm "Two Beer Angela" now cuz my metabolism isn't used to alcohol. I'm a REAL cheap drunk! There's no way I could drink anyone under the table anymore. Hell, my mother could probably drink more than me at this rate!!!
Anyway, I need to spend a few weeks concentrating on ME and my health and daily choices. I've let myself get a little off track. I think I also need to tell/explain to the people in my life what I'm trying to do here - and why I eat "weird" (but actually, incredibly healthy) and sometimes seemingly eat ALL THE TIME. I also have to explain that if I "cheat" it's because I want to...because the payoff is worth it and I'm stronger than food. I control food...it certainly does not control me.
No comments:
Post a Comment