Monday, July 21, 2014

A Planful Weekend

I had a pretty good weekend, eating-wise. I went out of town to visit friends & family. So, I planned my meals and packed my IP products, making sure to take some extras just in case I got hungry or there weren't enough natural protein options for me. 

Saturday I left at 9:30am & drove 4 hours. I had a protein bar & a Baggie of cucumbers. I also had a protein drink. I met my friends at an Applebee's & had their steak & garlic herb shrimp meal (from the "under 550 calories" menu) with extra veggies, no potatoes & the cream sauce on the side. It was SOOOOOO delicious! Best meal in a long time!!!  I then had some spare time before my next visit, so I drove around a bit, remembering the area. I went to a stained glass shop & found some BEAUTIFUL glass and some supplies/tools that have been difficult for me to find at home or online. I did get pretty hungry after a bit & found some beef jerky with a very low sugar content (most beef jerky you buy in a store has a lot of hidden sugars in it) and ate my Baggie of green peppers I had packed. 

My next visit took me to an old friend's house. I got there after dinner time, so I didn't have to navigate that. It was good reconnecting & I was happy to spend the night because it extended my visit a little longer than I had originally planned. The next morning they made eggs, venison/pork sausage & pancakes. I had the eggs & a little sausage. It was very good!! Then I was on my way to my last visit of the weekend: my nephew's bday party. 
When I got there, everyone was eating tacos so I grabbed a plate & had some taco meat with lettuce & salsa. I couldn't resist a dollup of refried beans tho!!  I passed on the cake & ice cream & enjoyed the visit. 

On the long drive home, I had two more IP products (I had not had any all day due to all the "real" food I ate) and a butt-load of pop.  I decided I'm going to buy one of those Soda Stream things & make my OWN pop from now on. Those things are fantastic!!

Anyway, I ate 1/3 of my veggies for the day when I got home...so my vegetable content today was sorely lacking but I did well being gone & around people that generally eat the kinds of foods I'm trying to avoid right now. 

It's 2:40am right now & I'm finally getting tired- I drank A LOT of caffeinated beverages on my long drive home. Oops!!!!

Oh, one thing that was also good was that I listened to the book "Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking" by Susan Cain. I HIGHLY recommend this book no matter if you are an introvert or an extrovert. I learned so much about myself & how/why I react to some things the way I do. I also started to like myself more--I always felt foolish and dumb for being quiet & enjoying staying at home or only going out with one or two close friends. That's a silly notion, because that's just who I am and thank God for that because who I am is incredibly unique and has quite a bit to offer this whole world. So read this book- or listen to the audio version like I did. The narrator is very good & not annoying at all (my usual pet peeve when listening to audio books). 

Time to get some shut eye I think! I'm excited for weigh in on Tuesday. I have a feeling I will be pleased & will be more on track. 

No comments: