AHHHHhhhhhhh. Back to commitments is the name of the game right now. I've been very good. Well, not TOTALLY good because I skimped out on veggies yesterday, but I did not have a beer -even a sip when I could have, I did not have any fries or chips, I did not have ANYTHING I was "not supposed to" have. The day before I had plenty opportunity to make bad choices as well, but I stuck to my plan.
This morning I went to breakfast and had the most DELICIOUS egg white & spinach "omelet" (no cheese, just egg & spinach) and ham steak. Wow, that was delicious!!!!! That means today I only need IP products and veggies for the rest of the day --MAYBE a 4oz piece of chicken breast, but as far as natural protein goes, I'm mostly done. That's the thing with going out to breakfast right now. Breakfast foods don't usually cater to veggies that I will eat. I usually have to order off menu and just get eggwhites or egg beaters and a choice of protein that is lower in fat. Breakfast foods are so traditionally fatty & high in fast burn carbohydrates. Oatmeal is ok, but the quick cook oatmeal is kind of chinzy on the glycemic index - slow cook, like steal cut oats, are much better but you can't find that in your average every day breakfast joint. There is cheese on everything and starchy carbs abound (potatoes, toast, pancakes, etc) as does sugar (jellies, syrup, fruit even).
When I eat "normal", my favorite breakfast is a big turkey sandwich. I love a bunch of deli turkey meat with lots of lettuce and a smidge of mayo and maybe a slice of cheese. LOVE that and it really keeps me satisfied for a while until lunch time. A person is supposed to eat a third to half of their weight in protein grams per day. Did you know that? For me right now that means eating up to 105 grams of protein. You guys, that's A LOT of protein. It's also about 400-800 calories, depending on the protein type and the fat content. Right now on this ketonic diet, I try to shoot for 135 grams of protein per day and I try to keep my calories below 1000 each day. I'm pretty successful WHEN I make the right choices - the choices I've committed myself to.
I got a new fitbit yesterday. I ordered it off Amazon & it came yesterday. My sister's dog almost ate it. Consequently, he destroyed the box AND all of the packaging so I won't be able to return it if it does not work. I've got it synced and it's replaced my old one that does not work anymore since going entirely through the wash. It's kind of exciting to have a new one. It's like I'm starting over and starting a new health adventure. :)
Time is getting to the point where I can probably handle some light exercise. I still have quite a few things to sort out in my new place in order to set up some fitness routines (such as yoga vidoes, medicine ball routines, etc). Today I have most of the day off and by myself, so I hope to get a lot of this kind of work sorting/putting away done. I need to go through my clothes and ship off the ones that do not fit me anymore and organize the ones that don't YET, into sections. It's amazing as one goes through a weight loss process because all of a sudden one day, you realize your clothes are a little too big and the ones that didn't fit before suddenly DO fit. It's a neat feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment