Wednesday, December 30, 2009

so..........sleeeeeepy...

I am super, mega, mega mega tired. Beyond belief, actually. That's what I get for getting up so darned early. I got quite a bit done today BUT I forgot to get my H1N1 shot. OOPS!!! It was 5:05 and I remembered that there was a county public health shot clinic open from 2-5 in town today. Oh well! I was too concerned about getting snow tires for my car.

I found some and my God are they expensive!!! Wow. Four tires installed will cost me just under $1000. That was the CHEAPEST rate in town -and, I have to wait at least a week for the tires because they need to be ordered in because my tires are not an "average" size. Pontiac G8's are a pain in the ass. :-) But they are pretty cars. I guess I could have gotten a cheaper set immediately...but I did a considerable amount of looking around and asking around and found that Bridgestone Blizzak are pretty dang good. Luckily I can get these ordered in and the place that will install them is a Bridgestone dealer. This will be my second foray into a "local" service (my first was my chiropractor -who I love...and coincidentally helped me meet my insurance deductible of the year already), so I do hope that it works out well. I did not ask around about this particular business but every question I had was answered well and every "tricky" question I asked (sometimes I act like a dumb girl when I already know the answers just to see how I'll be treated) was dealt with VERY well. So they passed my bullshit test for now. That is very good.

I very rarely go blind into a business to purchase a service or just choose a place at random without doing some legwork of my own first. Then I spend a good amount of time feeling them out when I contact them. I'm a good judge of character when I really pay attention and control the conversation-or attempt to control the conversation. I know already that I will never take my car to one place in town because they are incredibly overinflated in price and tried to answer very vaguely and almost kind of talked down to me when I asked one of my "girl" questions about tire balancing (I can't remember now what it was -but it wasn't even that bad...I've asked MUCH worse). I should quit that. I don't always do that, but if I get the feeling that the business doesn't have much respect for me as a customer, I just go nuts and can't help it. I probably shouldn't do that in town here. It was fine in Fargo/Moorhead because that was a larger community, but this is pretty much a "small town". Not good. :-) You never know...I might find the business owner or worker in a meeting as a kid's parent some day and THEN what will I do?!? The jig will be up.

I made my chicken chili tonight and holy cow is it hot. The Rottas are gonna LOVE it. I'll make my beer cheese soup later... not sure when...maybe even that day. who knows! Right now I've got one heck of a headache and should probably get to bed. I've got traveling to do this weekend again -no rest for the wicked. I hope that February lets me stay at home more than January. Ha! I finally get snow tires and then I just stay home. PERFECT!!! :-) Oh yeah, I've REALLY got to find some sandbags tomorrow before I head out to begin my long weekend of fun and fantastic voyages since it's illegal to put a dead body in my trunk. I'd need a pretty heavy one too. I think 200lbs ought to do it. I needs me some junk in my trunk. A whole LOT of junk in my trunk to weigh that puppy down and squish my wheels into the road a bit better. This car just wants to FLY over the pavement. Cool in the summer, sucky in the winter.

Ok, I'll stop obsessing about my stupid car and it's inability to handle winter weather conditions with it's rear wheel drive and all season touring factory issued tires with a light ass. Oh yeah, I can't forget about the loose ball joints! I wonder when Norseman's will get those parts in...rat bastards. I could lament more on that, but I'm beyond tired now and I'm not so sure I know exactly what I'm talking about at this point. Good night y'all! Have a safe, fun but relaxing, happy new year!!! 2010 is going to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: