Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Is Over! Hooray!

As I write this, I'm actually watching a football game. Yes, it is true. Me, Angela K. Doll is watching a pro football game. I think that professional football is stupid. Incredibly dumb. I like football for the most part- like high school football and some college football, but professional football is just far too "big" and it just seems so orchestrated. It's like in "Strange Brew" when the hockey players are all brain washed and are being controlled with beer and music tones. That's exactly how I think pro football is. There's too much help from the sidelines, too many technical things and too much "big show" stuff for it to seem very nice and organic...nice and "sporty" to me. It's just a big show. I don't like that.

But I'm watching it because there isn't much else on and sometimes I am really interested in games, especially when it's teams like the Vikings and the Bears because I am very amused by two of my brothers and their love affair with the Bears and not the Vikings...and practically EVERYONE else's love affair with the Vikings in this state. Still...I do have to say, that I absolutely LOVE the sound of helmets smashing together. Kinda masochistic, I know, but that's how I roll.

I had a great Christmas. I was stuck in Perham for a couple days through the snow storm and it was good to spend time with my parents and Audrey without any of my other brothers and sisters around. I taught my mom and Audrey how to play Canasta (the Ada way) and went ice fishing with my dad. I also took a bunch of pictures with my camera. They sucked ass, but oh well!! Gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince I guess! Ha!

I also spent time with my nephew and nieces. I think that was my favorite time. They are all cool. That's what makes the holidays fun: kids.

Tomorrow I have to go back to work and get some things done. If it weren't for some high maintenance parents and some overloaded teachers, I would be free as a bird all week. As it is, I now have to work -for free. I am not contracted for these days and I do not get these back, unless I am lucky enough to sneak in a comp day. Comp days are illegal, so if I want to switch out a day of work for an extra day I've already worked, it has to be a "slow" day/time. I do believe that is virtually impossible in this line of work. There are ALWAYS irons in the fire and there is ALWAYS something just waiting to explode as soon as I leave. I guess I can't stop that and just have to deal with that. Still, it sucks sometimes. Tomorrow would be a fantastic day to make chili and go through some stuff here and clean a little. I won't be home for the next two weekends and that is usually my "catch up on housework and stuff" time.

Well, it looks like the Bears are kicking the Vikings' asses tonight. I still don't get what the purpose of the "extra point" kick thing is or what the heck a "conversion" is or a bunch of other crap. Football rules do NOT make sense to me...but who cares. It sounds cool when their helmets smash together and it is fun to see them run down a field carrying a ball. I guess. :-) But baseball....man, that's my game!!!!!! SOON it will be starting. Soon. Not long now. Baseball. Yum yum. I love that game. Love it. Love it. Love it.

So Christmas is over...kinda. I still have Grandma Rotta's Christmas and Christmas at mom and dad's yet after that...so it's not really over. But the calendar says it is, so it is. Time for a new year. Time for a new beginning. Time for a new NEW. I like new beginnings. I get sick of the same old thing and like renewals. 2010 is going to be a fantastic year. In many, many ways.

No comments: