Friday, December 18, 2009

Home

Today I was driving back from a meeting in Duluth and I looked out my window and suddenly felt at home. Everything was familiar to me and it felt like I have been here forever and ever and ever -as if what I was seeing outside my window was actually a part of me. Then I passed a lake with fish houses, four wheelers, snow mobiles and people milling around and I felt "right". I don't know if all of this makes sense or anything. There is something about ice fishing that really reminds me of home and feels like home...it's very familiar to me. And then I GOT home and there were more fish houses on my lake with snow mobiles and people milling around on my lake. Wow. I really honestly feel at home here. I missed this kind of stuff living in Ada. A lot. I don't think I realized how much. When I moved here, I knew I had missed the lake and trees in the summer time (or just before everything was frozen), but now I can definitely say that it is a true assessment of my content of moving to this area. I really honestly missed this kind of area for the past 10 years -maybe even more because before Ada I was living in Fargo/Moorhead. Perhaps that was a major component of my habitual discontent of being there that I could never access or put into words. It always, ALWAYS felt like something was not "right", but I couldn't figure it out. I was definitely made aware today with a quiet whisper in my heart and head that this is where I am meant to be for now. I am home. Finally.

Santa came to my house today! I got my camera. Holy crap. It is very, very technical and complicated...well, I guess it doesn't HAVE to be because it is very user friendly, but it has awesome potential. Amazing. I am completely intimidated. Completely.

No comments: