Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Feel Like A Freezie...Rootbeer Flavor, Of Course.

I am freezing. I've been cold for about a week, but this week, I have NOT been able to get warm. I am even sleeping with a long sleeve thermal Henley and long flannel pants with an extra blanket. It's not that cold in my house, the temp says it's like 70 degrees, but I'm FREEZING COLD. That is sooooo not like me. I usually sleep with as little clothes as I can possibly get away with or feel restful in because I'm usually super hot all the time. At home I wear sweatshirts constantly and usually I would wear a tshirt -or if I DID wear a sweatshirt, I was hot-ish. Now I'm still COLD. I need to buy some very warm sweaters. And more sweatshirts. I talked about that dilemma already in a previous post. I'm serious people, I.Am.Cold.

I've been told it's because I've lost tons of weight -80 to 85 pounds to be exact (depends on the day and if I've kept up with my exercise...hehe...which I haven't lately!!) and have less "insulation". Well, I think there is some merit in that. Never thought there would be. In fact last spring when the dietitian told me that I would probably get cold very easily and stay that way longer (i.e. it would be harder to warm up -or take more layers to keep me warm), I was like Pssshhhhheeeeaaaaaahhhhhh, right, whatever! I'm hot all the damned time and I'll NEVER be cold -my blood runs fricken hot. I was wrong. Very, very, very wrong. Because now I'm freezing all the time.

I was at a workshop/training today on special education finance (which was actually very fun/interesting and kept my workshop-specific-ADHD interest) and the entire time I was FREEZING. No one else was!!! I couldn't believe it!! I was drinking hot tea all day to keep warm and almost put my coat on. Oh well!!

Again, another hazard of losing weight you don't really think about. New wardrobe=expense and less body fat=COLD. Maybe if I start to build more muscle I'll get warmer...maybe. That's a nice theory to think about right now. That and Arizona or the Mediterranean or South America or ANYWHERE south.

Anyway, I'm in St. Paul for a couple days for a couple meetings. A MASE one today and a Director's Forum tomorrow at the department of ed. I've got my hotel room set to 75 degrees and it is not getting any warmer in here. Man....I wish I brought my long sleeve sleep shirt with me, but I forgot it. I'm gonna FREEZE all night. yuck.

I have nothing profound to say today because my brain is frozen. I can't even type because my fingers are freezing. Not really, but they are awfully cold.

Now....don't get me wrong. I LOVE snow. There is NOTHING better than the first really good snowfall of the year -you know, the first really measurable one -when you can't see the grass anymore and the trees look like you've plopped white frosting on them -especially the evergreen ones and sidewalks are paths excavated with straight sides. Absolutely awesome. But the cold can go away. Far, far away. Leave the snow, take the cold. I don't want that. In fact....I like snow...for a while, but then I get VERY sick of it. But for a while, it is completely wonderful. It's beautiful, it's peaceful, it's serene, it's magical. Even snowstorms and blizzards. There's just something about them that really just gets to me, you know? In a very good way. I actually really like snowstorms and blizzards -especially the first ones of the year. I think there's a sort of magic or something in them and it makes me smile and feel cozy. But after that....enough is enough, so around the end of January, I've usually had enough. Sometimes the middle of January, but we've had a late winter this year, so I think that I'll be ok until about February. Then it's got to go and spring needs to come.

And this damned cold weather needs to go right now. I'm freezing.

No comments: