Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!! As I write this, it is Christmas Eve morning and I'm at my brother Albert's. I got here last night because I have an appointment for my car this morning to get the brakes fixed. So in anticipation of the weather, I came down last night. I'm glad I did because not only did I avoid winter weather driving difficulties, I also got to spend time with my brother & sister-in-law and my niece Grace. She's 2-1/2 and a card! It takes her a little while to warm up to new faces, even if she knows who your are, but if she doesn't see you a lot, she needs some time to get used to you again and go through a bit of showing off before she really interacts with you. But after that, watch out! She is your best friend! In fact, she wanted me to give her a bath last night, saying "angela, will you take a bath with me?". During bathtime, I gleaned quite a lot of information from her, such as, apparently she and I will be going on a boat ride this summer, she's going to take swimming lessons when she gets a little bit bigger, she "warms up the water" by swimming around in the tub, and a mountain of other things. She's very bright and a complete sponge, so you must be VERY careful what you say infront of her because she'll incorporate it into her vocabulary the next day permanently - and she understands the context in which to use the words as well!! Her favorite question or response right now to everything is "why?" Needless to say, it has been a fabulous start to Christmas vacation!!
The weather is unpredictable right now and I'm up in the air as far as plans go. I have two options: go to Ada and spend Christmas with my friends there and wait out the storm and then spend a few times in Perham before heading back home or the opposite which is spend Christmas in Perham and wait out the storm and then make my way to Ada to visit adn then go home. Right now it's looking like Ada might not happen right now. That's sad, but it will be ok because it would be good to spend some Christmas time with Audrey and my parents as well. I haven't seen them in a while, and haven't spent time with just Audrey in FOREVER.
My car apparently needs MUCH more work than just the breaks...something with the ball joints or lower control arms...I have no idea what that means, but I'm on my way to the dealer to find out. Fun times!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment