Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just a Regular Thursday

Today I had one of my "Interagency Real Tear-jerker" meetings -or, formally, interagency review team (IRT) meeting where the school, children's mental health, public health, the county, and the regional early childhood coordinator get together and review the kids in early childhood special education. I hate these meetings. Absolutely HATE them because these kids and babies have sooooo much stacked against them and some of their family dynamics are atrocious. Sad. I have two more of these meetings this month and then five more of them this spring. Yikes. I absolutely hate these meetings, but am glad to be involved and able to make a difference. Very bittersweet. BUT...I'm honored to be in this position to be able to maybe catch a kid or a family that needs something so that the child grows up well-adjusted and feeling proud of themselves and who they are and who they could be. That part is worth it. But those meetings are soooo very hard.

On a brighter note, I went to get xrays on my neck today. I've been having big headaches and neck aches lately so I finally went to a chiropractor. Since I haven't had xrays in a very long time, he ordered some for me and I was ok with that. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this constant neck/shoulder/upper back pain and tightness I have. I know I hold my tension in that area, but there's got to be some way to treat it so that it doesn't continually bother me and affect my life because lately in the past four weeks I've been bothered quite a bit by it.

So tomorrow I go back to the chiropractor to see what the xrays say and figure out a treatment plan with the chiropractor. Good times! Also, I've decided that I need to get out of my house in the evenings and hang out downtown at the various coffee shops, keeping busy. I get too bored at home and need to get out and be around people. Tonight though I went for a short drive, got incredibly lost on a very windy, dark snowy road, but found my way back to town and settled in to watch Thursday night TV.

I am super glad tomorrow is Friday. It's been a long week and I'm pretty tapped out...I have nothing profound to say tonight. Just "regular" life stuff :-), but that's good too. In fact, that's great.

No comments: