Monday, March 2, 2015

Non Scale Victories

I gotta tell ya...I'm feeling good. Today at work during our "Weight Loss Wellness" program I weighed in at 189.4 and wow do I feel it. I went straight home from work today and changed into loungey clothes, made dinner (baked chicken, sauteed "zoodles" (zuccinni put through a spiralizer to make "noodles"), all tossed with romaine lettuce), and started some laundry. I wore a tshirt I haven't fit into since I bought it 6 years ago and a pair of yoga pants I actually felt good wearing, size large or medium...I think Large. Nonetheless, three weeks ago they were crazy small yet. Then I went to walmart to pick up some essentials I've been putting off (and I swear I forgot something I've been trying to remember to pick up!). I ran into one of my favorite uncles and the first thing he said was "wow, you've lost weight!" that was a big pick me up. Before I ran into him, however, I zoomed through the clothes section to find some cheap tank tops and undershirts. I bought a bunch of medium stuff. I finally got around to trying them on right now and I am happy to say that they fit very snugly, but fit well enough for an undershirt & tank top. I like that they are longish and not short, like some shirts & tanks I find. So - I will have to buy a bit more of them in more colors one of these days. Today I wore a cardigan that has been tight on my since I bought it. It was pretty loose today! That is the best non scale victory (NSV) one can have.

So today I have a pep in my step as far as my weight loss journey goes. It makes me feel stronger and encouraged. That's a great thing!

Good things happen over time. A good thing to remember.

No comments: