I'm continuously perplexed at people who struggle with weight issues and don't feel good about themselves because of it. Either their attitude is shitty or they limit themselves because of poor body image because they are overweight. Been there, done that - still live there some days. I'm still overweight...but in 30 more pounds, I will be ideal weight.
I got rid of another huge garbage bag of clothes again today. I could do this because of my EATING. My choices in food are deliberate; its no accident I've lost close to 60lbs from a year ago. I have about 25-30 more to go, but I know I will accomplish that goal. Maybe not on the timetable I wanted at first, but I WILL get there, that's a fact. Today I went shopping a little & bought size 12 Levi's capris. They fit. Perfectly. Soon I'll be buying size 8 jeans. And medium shirts. That's only 25 more pounds away. A year ago, I was almost in size 20's - my size 18's were really really tight on me. I've worked HARD at this!
So I encourage people to start eating like they mean it. It's hard. Really REALLY hard. But so is being overweight. Being overweight is EXTREMELY hard on your psyche, your soul, and your life's energy- not to mention your physical body as a whole. Quit defeating yourself & take charge. Don't just eat salads or low fat stuff- CUT DOWN YOUR CARBS!! That means be vigilent about sugars and white flour foods. Be vigilent about how much lean protein you're getting in a day. TRACK YOUR FOOD INTAKE--ALL OF IT!!! See how much protein you are or aren't getting - your calories better be mostly from protein sources!! I cannot say it enough-get smart and cut down your carbs. Don't worry about your fat intake either. If you are eating fresh or steamed LOW CARB veggies with lean protein WITHOUT added sugar sources (sauces, dressings, seasonings, etc), you will never have to worry about fat intake. Don't worry about vitamin deficiencies either. Take a daily multi and EAT YOUR VEGGIES. Not corn, peas & potatoes either--I'm talking bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, spinach, zucchini, asparagus, jicama (my absolute favorite right now!!) and sometimes eat tomatoes, green beans, and lower carb tubers like rutabaga & turnips. There are so many vegetable choices it's insane. But LAY OFF THE DRESSING!!! It's packed with sugar, folks. All the vitamins you need are naturally found in the foods that are good for you.
Exercise if you can--BUT EXERCISE GOOD EATING CHOICES mostly!! Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with people who say they can't seem to lose weight & then eat a candybar for a snack or a meal. Or who eat pizza regularly. Or who eat pasta or tons of grain-based baked goods (like even good ole bread!!). Quit killing yourself and live. You're not cheating yourself by restricting your diet to only certain groups of foods- there's a time and a place for junk food and other carb, sugar, fat loaded foods. But eat those RARELY. That inclues dairy as well like cheeses & even yogurt.
It's difficult to start and stay on a healthy eating plan for a few weeks. However, after a while you start to really crave the healthy stuff. Food that used to taste bland or "too healthy for me" starts to taste DELICIOUS. Do the hard thing- choose the road less traveled & find success. Find yourself. Go confidently in the directions of your dreams and BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE. But you've GOT to seriously change your eating habits to find success.
That is all. Thanks for listening to my rant. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment