I'm a little better today. Not as happy as I have been, but not sad per se either...just grumpy and tired. Thankfully this next weekend will be a slow one. I want to make a stained glass piece for myself this weekend and get it mudded sometime during this upcoming week. The weather will be excellent and it will be a good escape from life.
I've consciously let my weight loss slow to about 2 pounds per week. That's my target now. Instead of losing the last 30-35 lbs by the end of April/mid May, I am guessing that this will take about 20 weeks...which is about 4-5 months...so August is the new target!! I feel frustrated and impatient, but more solid with this plan than the rapid ketosis weight loss. Maybe after Easter I'll go hard for a few weeks before my birthday...but at the end of April, I'm going to splurge big time. May and June are good times to go hard on the diet too, and summer is typically a great time for me to slim down too. Winter is REALLY hard. Next winter I need more distractions to keep me more on track. Maybe each winter I need to revisit Ideal Protein protocols (phase one for sure) to stay on track in the future. At any rate, I do REALLY well around this time until about September. Then it all goes to hell. Oh well - at least I know this about myself!
I've been waiting for Friday all week. I need all the breaks I can get and I need good quality friend time as well right now to keep my spirits up and to give me an outlet to bitch about work stuff. I also have a few things swirling in my brain and I wish I were a writer. I'm not. I am a reader...but writing just doesn't seem to flow with me - especially because my creative outlet is in stained glass. Not unless I have some very quiet time and actually feel that motivation. I have stories swirling in my brain- I always have, but getting them out and writing them down is very difficult to me. I have LOTS of stories about my youth...and more or less stories inspired by my youth and my experiences with them. Someday I will write a memoir. It will be boring and no one will probably care, but I'm amazed at what gets published and popular sometimes, so who knows!
So tomorrow is Friday. THANK GOD. I can't wait. I need some glass time and I need more friend time. I need to reorganize my brain and feel connected with people. I also need to do stuff like laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. Normal life stuff that needs to get done.
I can't wait. It can't come soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment