Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cold Medicine Hates Healthy Eating

I've been on cold meds for close to 4 days now. There is no end in sight now as I'm heavy into this cold. And what I've discovered is that it is difficult to stay on protocol with decongestants & expectorants. They upset my stomach and with the absence of carbohydrates, it seems there is nothing to buffer my tummy when taking them. I relish the vitamins in all of the fresh veggies I am eating, however, but it's not the same as hot Campbell's chicken noodle soup, crackers, and orange juice. I tried drinking some hot chicken broth the other night but it reminds me of a stinky rotten chicken. That was pretty disgusting! 

So my challenge is keeping on protocol while there is comfort food all around me and when that's all I want to eat is comfort food.  I have a short work week because I'm able to take some days off at the end of the week. I'm very happy for that.  I'm told this chest cold I have is one that's been going around & it sticks around forEVER. Bummer. I hate coughing!!  Plus, being congested like this makes my head all goofy and I am not on my full game. I'm thankful this came at a slow time in my work life- and maybe I've finally come down with this because I've let myself relax. I've been feeling off lately & maybe this was the battle between my body & this cold virus. Well, I think I don't have to tell you who won this round!! :)

I tried some pants on last night- the very last holdovers that actually NEVER fit me when I bought them 6 years ago. They fit. They are size 12's. I'm beyond excited...but kind of disappointed because I have nothing else left no to "grow into" for pants. I believe I will need to go shopping soon!! I have plenty of shirts that don't fit so well just yet but apparently I had gotten rid of most of my smaller pants.  Although these 12's are pretty tight so far, I might wear one of them this week. I also need smaller "under" shirts & tank tops. It's overwhelming how much more clothes I need. I definitely need a whole new summer/warm weather wardrobe. That's crazy expensive!! 

Take care of yourself & be kind to others. It matters. 


No comments: