I bought ketosticks today. They are little plastic strips with a special paper on the end that will tell you if you have ketones in your urine. It sounds incredibly gross, but you pass the strip through your urine stream when you go to the bathroom and it tells you if there are ketones detected. This will help me know if I am in ketosis or not.
Being in ketosis is very beneficial to my weight loss journey and monitoring the amount of ketones that pass through my urine help me learn what to eat and what not to eat while doing the Ideal Protein diet. Remaining in ketosis is what helps my body burn fat and retain muscle. It also assures my pancreas and liver (as well as other biological processes) are working well and not overworking while my calorie intake each day is low.
Right now I am NOT in ketosis. That is not surprising at all because I had a butt-load of carbs on Monday and a few unsanctioned carbs yesterday for lunch.
This weekend I am moving. Well, I'm gradually moving these two and a half weeks. Saturday is the "big stuff" moving and throughout the rest of the weeks up until July 15th I am moving stuff I can fit into my car (which, surprisingly is quite a lot). I have to be REALLY careful not to overdo it because too much physical activity will stall my weight loss. That being said, I am ready to have an additional high protein low carb zero fat IP product (like the Peach-Mango Drink mix) each day to keep up with the extra activity. The lifting & carrying and in general using muscles will be very good and just fine. It's the aerobic portions of moving that is of concern. Soon, however, I will gradually include walking and other kinds of light exercise in my weekly routine, so it will be a good jumpstart.
I crock potted a roast today while at work and ate it when I got home. Well, I ate 1/3 of it. I have 2 more meals ready to go. My favorite thing with roasts lately is to roast it with mainly salt, thyme, some paprika, and a LOT of minced garlic (the jarred kind) with about a cup of water. The roast is tender and VERY tastey! Then I shred it and put it over 4 cups of lettuce/spinach torn up & tossed with a little grapeseed oil & salt. It is DELICIOUS and hits the spot. Because most of my living will be between two places now - I'll sleep and do most of my "life" stuff at the new place and will do mostly packing & cleaning at the old place- I've tried to create some meals I actually LIKE as leftovers. Roast is one thing I actually like the next day. I've learned to like chicken breasts the second day if I cube it and heat it up to put over mixes greens. Mostly though, I do NOT like leftovers and have a difficult time actually eating them.
That's all for tonight folks. Enjoy your day and enjoy the people who are good for your life and make you a better person, not a neurotic tool. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment