I am finally "slightly" in ketosis. Those strips are great and what a great tool to help me be aware of how my body reacts to what I put into it.
Today I am moving carloads of stuff over to my new place. I'm also getting the "big stuff" ready to move tomorrow. I've come to terms with the fact that it will probably be raining cats & dogs all day Saturday during my move. It's just "stuff", right? :) A little rain will not wreck anything drastically that I have and wet stuff eventually dries under the right conditions. My new place has central air and is not humid if all doors and windows are shut, so that's a perfect drying environment. I have copious amounts of fans to circulate air. Life is still going to be good. :) Plus, I have plastic sheeting and plastic wrapping stuff to put over the fabric stuff to completely minimize direct moisture.
And if stuff gets wet/icky? That's ok. I hate my couch anyway and I could probably benefit from a new mattress. I've had this one for 6 years now and my fluctuating weight has made it quite soft in the middle. The wood furniture will dry and dry well and if not, new stuff for Angela!!! :)
What a blessing it is to be in the position that I can replace stuff like that. HOWEVER, the one thing I DO NOT want to get wet at all is my Grandma's cedar chest. I'll have to wrap that one up REALLY well. Cant replace heirlooms!
I'm thankful for the opportunity for a slow move. I hate moving so much!! But I do like unpacking & sorting stuff, making everything how I want it in a new place. It's a nice change.
And a nice bit of good news from my LASIK optometrist: my astigmatism is coming back and that is NORMAL for a person with the amount of correction I had. I'm also seeing differently than I did two weeks ago but all my scans are good and I have plenty tissue left on my corneas for numerous touchups. So I go back in a month to see how stable the eyes are and keep on doing that until the eyesight is stable for a few months -then I'll get them zapped again. Rest assured, this time going in, I'm going to make sure I get 2-3x the xanax they gave me last time. That laser thing in the eye freaks me the hell out!
No comments:
Post a Comment