Friday, June 20, 2014

Authentic Mexican Food is DELICIOUS

Tuesday weigh in will not be good. I'll just accept that fact now. With authentic Mexican food every single day and weird eating times with not-normal-for-me food choices available, my dieting was a catastrophe.

So what? It will put me a bit behind my self imposed schedule, but it sure was fun!!! I had a great time on my work trip and it did not seem like work. It was a TON of walking (I averaged over 1300 steps, over 5 miles, and over 20 floors a day for 4 days) so I figured things somewhat evened out. I will be back on track tomorrow and be very careful with my food choices for the rest of the weekend and early next week. Perhaps the average amount of carbs I ate (I averaged about 120 grams per day...3 times as much as "normal") were burned off by the exercise I had gotten.

When I weighed myself tonight after I had gotten home, I found I had gained 3 pounds. A lot of that might just be inflamation from the carbs and beer (I had about 5 20-oz glasses of good IPA beer during the last 5 days) but it might be actual weight gain. I doubt it's actual weight gain. Hell, it might even be muscle weight I put on! That would be cool and the inches will tell. Most likely, I'll find that I am stalled out this week and will drop a crazy ton in about 2 weeks. Just like recently. As long as I hit my goal in the beginning of September, I'm not going to sweat it. :)

I've got nothing good or very important to say tonight. I'm super bushed from my travels and needless to say, a bit jet lagged. I'm still on pacific time, so even though it took about 3 days to GET onto pacific time, this central time zone I've come back to has eluded me at this point!

Regardless, I ate some fantastic dishes and it will take me a while to get back to liking food from any local Mexican restaurant here. I also ate FANTASTIC and DELICIOUS seafood. OMG...I can't even describe it. I know I will not be able to eat good, fresh seafood here as much as I am able to on the coast, but that's a nice treat to look forward to for the next trip.

No comments: