Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Drum Roll Please....

So in keeping with my promise to be transparent about my weight and this weight loss journey I am on, here is the update of the week

I lost like a CRAZY mo-fo this week. I'm down to 223.4lbs. Last week I weighed in at 231.8. That is a loss of 8.4 pounds. That is in a WEEK. That's SEVEN days. I am down over 4 more inches all around and my body-fat percentage went down more than a percent. In SEVEN days. That makes a 22 pound weight loss in 5 weeks. I believe I have lost about 10-15 inches and decreased my body fat percentage by 2-3%. Doesn't seem like much, but in the grand scheme of things, body fat percentage is an important gauge...the more the body fat goes down (as long as it's a steady, albeit slow, decline I'm golden), the more I'm assured I'm losing FAT and not muscle.

What the hell happened??? Who knows. It's likely a fluke, or it could be because I'm finally spacing my protein out over the course of the day and not eating most of my calories after 5pm anymore. That could have really revved up my metabolism -and I'm guessing THAT is what has happened. I'm getting at least 36 grams of protein (in the form of Ideal Protein packets) out of my daily estimation of 120grams (in the form of 1 Ideal Protein packet plus natural protein) before 2:00pm now along with at least 2.5 cups of raw veggies as well. I haven't scrimped on anything -I eat more natural protein than I'm "supposed" to as well as more veggies than I'm "supposed to", I ate cookies & pizza 4 days ago, and sometimes I eat an extra IP packet of food cuz I feel snacky. Those things are still bad habits -but I've got my metabolism working FOR me now. That completely rocks.

All that aside, I do not expect this awesome loss every week, or even again. I expect 3-4 pounds a week gone along with about 1-2 total inches. I am totally ON track again with where I hoped I would be at that time. In fact, I am a pound and a half LOWER than I hoped I'd be. That's good insurance. I'm gonna need it because next week I'll be out of town for five long days for a work thing, where I'll mainly be at the mercy of other people to make me food. Monday and Friday will largely be traveling, and that SUCKS when you're on a diet. Fast/quick airport food is terrible if you're trying to watch what you eat sometimes. So I will pack some snacks with me and hopefully will get them through security. If I cannot, then I'm shit out of luck for that day. Oh well! Life happens. It's gonna be fun -and that's awesome.

No comments: