Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Putt, putt, putt, PUTTY!!

Last night/early this morning, I DID go outside and watch stars. Yes indeedy! It was great but VERRRRRRRRY cold. Perhaps I'll go out again in a little bit and see if there are any stragglers out there shooting down. I saw some very nice sky burners, so to me, that made getting up at 3:30am to freeze my tush off worth it. What I SHOULD have done is just slept until about 4:30 and THEN got up for the day, park my butt outside for a while, or until I could stand it, and then take a LONG HOT shower. Yep. Note to self: self (that's what I call myself sometimes), remember this day in history please.

Today after work I putty-ed my stained glass project. Wow...what a mess. I hope I did everything right. I can still smell linseed oil all over the place. Yuck. I have to make sure all of the putty is cleaned up around the lead and the frame, not on the glass yet, but I'm waiting for it to set up a little bit first. Then I'll finish that step. The very last thing to do will be to patina it. I'm going with a black patina. It will look very very nice. I'm so excited to be finished with that and hang it up somewhere!

Speaking of being finished with things...I am finished with my specialist field study. FINALLY after all the confusion and all the waiting around for advisors to get back to me and yadda yadda yadda, I'm done. I finished my final revisions this weekend and contacted the dean of the department and asked him what he thought. He said that as far as he was concerned, I'm finished. That's all I needed to hear! Shazam! I'm done. Well...I'm still waiting for confirmation on that. I'll believe it when I see it. I had all of my paperwork done -all of the graduate program/graduation forms finished in the summer, so I'm hoping they are still ready to go because I've missed several timelines for a December graduation. I just need to submit copies of my study to the university. I think it's about time I got that finished up.

I have nothing profound to say today. I'm kinda tapped out right now. I went to Walmart after work to pick up some things I needed for my stained glass project, refill some prescriptions, and pick up some groceries and took a look at Christmas stuff. I'd really like to take some time just on my own and waltz around looking at Christmas stuff. Maybe that's what I'll do over Thanksgiving weekend. Or maybe I'll have some time this weekend or one of these days after school this week. Maybe this weekend I'll drag out my Christmas stuff and start getting ready to decorate! I've already started thinking about where my tree is going...and I've got a pretty good idea...I just have to figure out some cord stuff. And I just had an excellent idea. :-) good times.

No comments: