Monday, November 9, 2009

Bloggerific

I've been posting a lot lately. I must have a lot to say! Or maybe I've just had time to catch my breath and actually THINK about things. Work has settled down into a sort of organized chaos. Perhaps not very organized, so maybe the term should be "anticipated chaos". Because of that, I actually have time to think to myself. Plus, I've had free time in the evenings. That hasn't happened in a while...at least I think it hasn't. I can't quite remember October or the last part of September!! Wow, time I'll never get back! :-)

I met with my boss today. I told him I wanted to have meetings twice a month just to touch base because he's been gone so much with some health problems and now that he's back I need that face time to get some direction and to just chat about how things are going in the cooperative. I felt kind of uncomfortable because I asked him how I was doing and if there was anything I needed to be working on myself for my own job performance (we had just gone through a number of people's job performances informally) and the only thing even remotely close to criticism he had to say was that I need to find a better comfort level in just taking over things in a district if their leadership drops the ball. Apparently, I read people and situations better than any "young" administrator he's seen (definitely better than the last coordinator), he's astounded by my ability to understand what's "really going on" (because I'm a brand new administrator -and not something the previous coordinator was good at), and not only am I nice to people, I also convey a sense of cooperation or something like that to the people in the districts (again, something the previous coordinator did not do so well). That made me feel like I was doing ok. There are times during the day, at any moment of the day where I think, "oh shit. I suck at this sooooo bad". And I kid you not, I have done more "fake it til you make it" than I care to admit this year. But, I know I have good instincts about some things and I can make that work for me so thank God that's paid off!! There's a lot of pressure with this job though, but I like it. So today was good for re-affirming that yeah, I am in the right job because not only do I like this, I'm actually GOOD at it.

Today after work I went to Target to pick up a few things. It was so nice to just amble through the store, not on a time crunch or a mission or anything. I actually had to force myself to slow down and just gaze at stuff. I went through the Christmas stuff they have out already. I really really love Christmas decorations! I love this time of year because I can spend HOURS and HOURS looking at Christmas decorations. I can't explain it. I'll never buy any of it, but I love looking at it and thinking about how I would use it or decorate with it if I did buy it. It's almost like looking at stuff and making up a story to go along with it...no intentions to buy it, but appreciating it and placing it somewhere and giving it some kind of purpose in my head. Kinda daydreamy. That's pretty much how I go through the Christmas decorations aisles. Daydreamy. I love it. So I spent two whole entire hours in Target tonight. LOVED IT. I can't wait until there are more Christmas stuff on the shelf. Maybe during Thanksgiving weekend I'll just go Christmas decorations browsing.

That reminds me. I am trying to decide what I wanna do for Thanksgiving weekend. I already decided that I'm pretty much going to either bunker down at home and ignore the world or I'm going to go somewhere all by my lonesome with my phone on silent and do whatever I wanna do. I'll go to mom and dad's on Thanksgiving day and then go visit grandparents too, but no Black Friday shopping for me this year-unless I decide to go by myself somewhere....wherever I end up. I'll have fun deciding I guess. I have two whole weeks and I'm pretty sure I'm going to just play it by ear and go with the flow.

So now that that is settled, it's time for bed. I've got a full morning of meetings tomorrow. Lots of crazy kids these two weeks. Crazy kids and crazier parents. I am not really sure what is worse! Parents I think. Yep. Definitely. Wednesday I am going to take off super early to get down to St. Paul for a workshop Thursday-Friday. I kinda want to leave super early so I can make it down there before it gets too dark because I hate driving in the dark at this time of the year. The deer are just like flies sometimes. How annoying!! :-)

No comments: