Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another Fantastic Tuesday

I feel quiet. You know, I haven't been busting my butt finishing my field study...not really because the majority of it was done last spring -THAT'S when I was going crazy along with a job search, closing my program at ASEC, trying to find a place to live, and then moving. THAT was hell. Complete and total and I don't remember an awful lot of that time period....from March until July, I really can't tell you much but blurry things.

So it's so weird to me that even though I haven't had to really work too hard on that thing this fall, I feel completely relaxed and quiet in my head now. So much so that I did absolutely nothing of value tonight and did not feel restless, guilty, or anxious about getting something done. I did two loads of laundry, tried to do some yoga, but holy crap, the episode I recorded today on FitTV was CRAZY HARD! Like balance your entire body on your elbows crazy hard. My god. So I laughed that off. Then I did some looking on line for stuff I've been meaning to do (camera research again, news sites of course, staff development stuff I've been meaning to look into for work, and of course, facebook). That took up a good chunk of time. Listened to my scanner a bit. Then I went out and played the piano again for about 45mn. I started to go through some of my Christmas decorating stuff too. In between all of that I ate a baked potato for supper. And now it's pretty late and I'm just not tired yet. Kinda wired because although I have to work tomorrow, I don't feel any pressure to do anything. It is SO weird and I absolutely love it.

So today was a quiet day. It was a very good day. I had a very fun day at work. My supervision/administrative style is being "present" -interacting with people in person and being visible. I think it's really important for me to be around in my districts (if they let me...I have one that is run by a very controlling superintendent and he prefers me to stay away...which is sad...I'd like to get to know his staff better) and talk to people. I HATE sitting in my office. Absolutely hate it. I need to at least 2 days a week to catch up on phone calls and emails, and do whatever office-ey/paperwork-ey work I need to get done, but for example, last week I was in the office every single day and hardly had any meetings or any visits planned. It was the longest week EVER. This week yesterday I was in Sartell, MN at a meeting and today I had meetings in a district at 7:45 and then I went to two other districts on my way back to my office to touch base with staff and the principals. It was a very good day because I problem solved with people, helped people figure stuff out, and spent some time just chatting with some people I had not been able to develop a relationship with yet. But most of all, today I was challenged. I love that. My brain was engaged today. The older I get, the more I need my brain engaged in stuff. -even outside of work. Actually, especially outside of work lately.

So Tuesdays proved to be my favorite again. Tomorrow is the last day of the work week because this week is Thanksgiving already. Thank God. But still, that means I have some decisions to make for next year soon. That can wait until after Christmas though -and the path will become clear after that time too, I'm pretty sure of that. Tomorrow is my Friday and I should really get to bed...it's almost midnight. I'm in this insomnia stage right now. Which is ironic and actually quite cumbersome because I've got early mornings all week this week. So weird. Well, it is what it is. Who knows. :-)

Have a great Thanksgiving if I don't post before then. Geez. What the heck am I going to do TOMORROW night!???! My possibilities are endless! :-) LOVELY!!!!

No comments: