I've gotten a lot done today already after getting up at 8am. Last night I turned off my alarm and made sure my room would be dark in the AM, but I woke up fresh & ready to start the day anyway. That was a-ok with me cuz I had lots to do today. I had to clean up my interview data and refine my data analysis process for my small committee that will be reviewing my data to obtain trend consensus. All I have to do now is locate email addresses to send it off. I may have to wait until tomorrow morning because most of my addresses are on my work laptop. No problem!!
Now I can start on my lit review and the writing of the rest of the study. I'm pretty confident I can get chapters one and three completely finished because I pretty much already did them when I submitted my request to IRB last fall. My lit review will be completed this week and then all that's left is revising whatever my advisor wants me to, completing the analysis, and writing that up with chapters 4-5 as well (conclusions & recommendations). Oh yea, I also have to do the reference page. Ew. I should have been using refworks to store and organize them, but I never got around to it. Oh well! I'm pretty good at APA style referencing, so it's not that big of a deal. Plus, I have all my papers from the past saved and can copy/paste the articles I've used from them (which is about 1/4 of the references). Otherwise, it's merely busy work I can easily do while at work, watching tv, and even talking on the phone.
So, today has proven to be a good day so far. I hope it remains that way. I even read through my car manual and onstar info packet. Maybe later I'll take a break and go for a drive! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment