Monday, February 9, 2009

Hooray for Winter

I guess I am two hours late tomorrow! Hooray!!!!!!!!!! -although, I hope we DO have school and I'm not stuck with so much time on my hands...it's not like I get anything done when I've got extra time!!! I did get the "Twilight" book read. I can see why it's so darn popular, especially with the teenage girl crowd. It's very sweet and very page-turning...and very addictive. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. :-)

I'm looking forward to my week. I should be able to get a ton of stuff done at school and then at home later on. I do need to buy some laundry detergent though cuz i'm down to my last bath towel!!! I also need to wash my bedding so I can switch that as well. I did three loads of laundry Sunday after I scrounged up some sample Tide packets I had stashed in my closet, but since I prioritized things (wash the clothes first that I have to wear...then the towels and bedding), I did not get to finish.

I started watching The Principal's Office, a show on the TruTV channel (dishnetwork channel 204). It's AWESOME. I saw a couple clips on The Soup on E and thought huh...that looks interesting. And it IS!!!!!!!! I haven't laughed so much in a while!!! That's mean, cuz most of the things I was laughing at was the absurdity of what students say/think when they get called into principal's office. I don't know how some of those principals keep a straight face. They are awesome! They keep a straight face while at the same time try to act confused and appalled at some of the things the kids say. It's GREAT. You KNOW they are going home to their spouse and saying "honey, guess what this kid did today and then guess what he said!" or just talking to colleagues the same way (without the "honey", of course!). Finally, a show that's close to my heart and portrays much of my day at work with the kids I have. I'm no principal, but in my program, I'm the end-all-be-all and I could have filmed an entire season of that show myself with some of the stuff I'd heard from students, ESPECIALLY when confronted on behavior/discipline issues and ESPECIALLY when I catch them in lies. My very favorite that I've seen so far (I still have a few episodes to watch and I missed about 5 of the first episodes), was when this kid comes into the principal's office after getting kicked out of class cuz he drew on himself with marker. NO LIE-the kid had a black beard (FULL too), purple glasses (which, apparently started out as a "purple unibrow"), and a backwards black w/green outlined "L" on his forehead....which he thought was "right" cuz he drew it by looking into a mirror....never realizing the rest of the world would see it backwards. OMG. I LOVE it. These principals are quality administrators and it's very nice to see their individual styles that really have the kids' best interests at heart -and strive to maintain the kids' dignity...even the guy who drew on himself because he was "bored" in class.

So since I know that school is 2 hours late tomorrow, I've decided to stay up a bit. OOOOOOO, Jay Leno has headlines tonight! I LOVE that! :-) What a day of fun for Angela!

No comments: