So, I am finally sick. Really sick. Well, I suppose I could get SICKER, so it's not that bad. I stayed home from work today and will probably stay home tomorrow and head out to the doctor. I think I've got a sinus infection that's quickly turning upper respiratory.
I say "finally sick" because nearly everyone around me from students to coworkers to friends have been sick for weeks...and I've been healthy. I hope I don't get as sick as some people I know. No time for that, I've got to finish up my lit review. It's mostly done, I just have to put it all together. Tonight I was too bored and sick of sleeping to just watch tv, read a book, or sleep more, so I typed in all 6 pages of my references. I think I have a few electronic sources left to input, but at least I know my references are finished. Sunday is my planned day of making sure everything's up to par so I can send it off Monday morning.
Also, I've got to help out with Jami's baby shower on Saturday. And before that I have to run to DL to get my license plate and get my weather stripping looked at. You know, lately I've really resented living where I live. Everything I want to do is an hour or more away. I even got really pissed yesterday when I was looking to find out the times for Ash Wednesday services at area churches. I knew my church in Moorhead's schedule, but even when I called other churches in the area, there was no answer with no mention of Ash Wednesday service on the answering machines, no website, or if I did get a hold of someone, they were not sure. *Sigh*. This area is definitely not conducive to my lifestyle and not very accommodating to people who are busy either. I'm sick and crabby tonight, but still, i can't wait to move to a more accommodating area. I mean, gas stations close at 9pm, the post office is only open from 8:30-4:30 (8:30-10 on saturdays) so if I have a package there, it's sometimes two weeks before I can get off work in time to pick it up, grocery store is only open until 7pm -and then you can't be sure of the quality of the produce you might want/need, plus, like tonight, I could use more cold medicine, but nothing is open until tomorrow at 8 or 9 -and then I won't be sure I can find any because the last time I bought cold medicine from the pharmacy it was over a year expired....i could go on and on and on. I find small town life/living very stressful. I gave it a shot for 10 years and it's time to get back to civilization. This is just ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment