Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

So it is finally 2009. I've been waiting for this year. I think it will be a good year. Today I worked at JCP until 8pm. We were so dead from 6:00 to 8...I think I fell into a standing coma while there!!! The phone did not ring from 5:45-8:00. That's unusual because usually we get at least one call an hour to book appointments, change appointments around, or some other "customer servicey" call. Then I zoomed into Hornbachers to pick up some stuff and headed back to Ada. The roads were terrible...there was blowing snow and drifting all over. It sucked. Plus, it is so cold that the roads are pretty much a runway of ice. I went to my friend Jami's and played Canasta with her, her mom Connie, and our friend Roxi. It was a good time...but we are all old ladies so it was pretty low-key. I went home at 1:15 tired as hell, but now I'm not too tired.

I've been bored on vacation. I should be doing a lot of things....cleaning, sorting out tax stuff, doing research for my study, transcribing the administrator interviews I've done so far, etc, etc, etc. But instead, I'm browsing www.icanhascheezburger.com. I've seen this website long ago, but somehow I stumbled upon it the other day. Now I've been looking at it for two days straight. Some of the cat & animal pictures make me laugh out loud. It's awesome. And a totally useless way of killing time. If you want to be mesmerized, check out that site. You'll never leave. You'll bookmark where you left off last...I promise. I'm not one to like "cute" animal pictures or anything like that. I don't even have a pet (though I call my parent's dog Buddy "My" dog). It's just dammed hilarious and really, who doesn't like looking at cute cats once in a while!

On another note, I finally got a new faucet for my bathroom sink. I swear to God, this apartment building is horrible. My other one still worked, but just barely. It was all corroded and the sink stopper did not work anymore. The current caretakers are doing a very good job at keeping things updated now (finally!!). They have had a hard time dealing with the owners of this company (Anda Construction Company of Fargo/Moorhead) because they are either super cheap, or don't really care about this property -and things take FOREVER to get fixed/replaced. A couple years ago my fridge stopped working and instead of getting me a new one, they had the caretakers at the time move the same kind of fridge (an old gold one from the 70's) into my apartment. In a month, THAT one quit working as well, so for TWO MONTHS I waited for a new fridge. I had to use the fridge in the apartment building across the hall (thank god it wasn't occupied at the time) before the fridge showed up...at 10pm in the evening. I'm not kidding when I say I live in the Ada Ghetto. They haven't raised the rent in 5 years...that's good because I think I'd have to raise some kind of hell or something...raising rent without maintaining the building doesn't make sense. Now I'll be ok with a rent raise (I have a feeling one is coming). But only a slight one because come-on....this place is NOT a quality building. To bad for me that I hate to move!! :-)

Tomorrow I think I'm going to sort out my table and get my tax stuff gathered up and sorted out....that is, if I can tear myself away from the cat website. HAHA!