Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Thiiiiiiiiiisss Close to Being Done With Winter...

I am going down to the Morris, MN area tomorrow evening to do some interviews for my study on Friday. I was going to go as far as Fergus and stay, but then thought I might as well go all the way to Morris and stay since it's only about 50 or so more miles. Then I have an 11am and a 1pm interview with different districts about 40 miles apart. I'm sort of nervous about the 1pm one, but am ok with rescheduling that one and staying in Morris until Saturday if the weather turns too icky to return to the crazy tundra and lakes of snow covered flatness up here. It might be kind of fun! I'll bring my laptop and all of my study stuff and actually WORK on it. It might give me an opportunity to transcribe all of my interviews so far. Just getting that done would be great. Now I'm excited and I might call the hotel tomorrow afternoon and extend my stay. I haven't been to that area in AGES so it would be fun to experience that area again....even though it will be in the dead of winter!

Winter is getting to be such a pain in the ass. You can pretty much count on 4-6 inches of snow and blowing winds every 4-5 days (usually it's happening on the weekend!!!) -so planning anything and going anywhere gets kind of stressful. Next week is supposed to be super cold. I HATE that. I feel so sorry for my car during time of below zero!!! And I see that gas is increasing, so that really sucks since idling to warm up my car seems to like guzzling gas. I like snow also...but wow...I think we're good now. No more please!!

Tonight I was watching some tv and got a hankering for rootbeer. How strange, huh? I had to drop off my city bill payment as well, so I decided to run up to the gas station and buy some rootbeer after I dropped of my city bill. I love diet A&W rootbeer. I blame my parents since that's the only kind of pop they drink now and their fridge is usually stocked when I go to visit so I often swipe one for a parting gift. :-)

I think I'm going to start a countdown to my car. My "target date" is the first week of March, but I might try to stretch it out until March 15th (actually the 13th) so I can use that payday to pad my down payment a bit more. Also, I am not scheduled to get my taxes done until February 19th and it usually takes about 2 weeks to get my refunds. So let's countdown to March 13th, shall we?? So it's 9 weeks and 1 day....making it 64 days until my new car!!! :-)

No comments: