I quit my job today. My real job. I told my boss that this is my last year teaching at the transition school. He knew it was coming and we had a very nice chat. Now it's official. I am moving. Where to, you ask? Well, my criteria is this: somewhere that has a Target store. I've got some leads on some advertised positions right now, but I know that come March, April and even May, there will be much more to choose from.
I almost started bawling my head off when I was talking to my boss. THAT took my by surprise. I guess it shouldn't have because I can be a huge crybaby about absolutely nothing. I guess I could say that I know it's right for me to leave because of all of the emotion tied to it. Yes, I'll miss my friends up here A LOT and I'll even miss my job with the "naughty" kids -who are the coolest kids you will ever meet I think. But I've got to go. I don't know where I will end up and I'm not picky...just has to have a Target store. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm leaving here. It will be soooooo very awesome to put my notice in at my apartment!!!!!
Maybe I won't even find a new job. Maybe I'll have to work at JCPenneys full time. I doubt it, but you never know.
I better get my ass moving and get some of my study stuff done. I have to call my advisor tomorrow to talk about my progress so far and he'll probably chew my ass for being such a procrastinator. Good stuff is coming out of it though, so I'm not too concerned yet. I also have two more months to write the thing. If my committee doesn't like what I've done, they'll suggest changes and I'll just work on that and try my oral presentation/defending/disposition (I can't remember what they call it when a field study is presented) again in the summer. The hardest thing was the portfolio last June and I managed that ok. I have my administrator licenses, but it would be nice to have the specialist degree in progress and practically finished during interviews. At least I can get a Masters +36 additional graduate credits salary placement, if applicable.
So now I've droned on and on. I'm long winded. Have you noticed?? You'd never know if you talked to me in person!!! I have lots to say, but believe in saving my words and not wasting them outloud. :-)
3 comments:
oooh oooh, Mankato has a Target! A nice one too! :)
Aaaaand there's quite a few houses for sale and lots of apartments. C'mon, we need someone to booze with ;)
Ben and Anna know of what they speak. Come on down...Move South for a change. Today it is 70 and sunny again and there is a 50% off sale on everything at our target store! Bob
Post a Comment