So nothing is new with me. Pretty much nothing. I still can't believe I actually resigned from my job without having another one lined up. I'm ok with that though, because it was like the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear and said, "it's ok. you can quit today." Gotta go with that encouragement.
I hear it's supposed to get really cold again. Well, what's new. That's what I get for living in MN, except apparently, Bob in Mankato says it's 70 degrees and sunny there. AND, their Target store has a vast 50% off sale going on. Are coffee shops giving away free coffee too? And are the gas stations having a $.01 a gallon sale? If so, I'll move there without a job. :-)
I'm really looking forward to applying for jobs. How fun!!! I had better get my butt in gear and get my study done. I have to submit most of it by March 1st to my advisor....so I need to quit "thinking" and start "doing".
And yesterday we got a new president. I'm looking forward to watching this administration implement their changes. I got pretty sick of all the hoopla around the inauguration, but now that it's over, I want to see people get down to business and live up to campaign promises. Do you realize, many of the younger people in this nation have no idea of any kind of leadership but what Bush exuded? I remember the Clinton years. I was in college when he was elected and I was privileged to vote in that election (my first one I think). I remember when Bush was elected and right away the tone was set with the "hanging chad" controversy. Oh well. Too much BS.
Let's see, what else do I have to say? I've started using this really expensive shampoo and conditioner and it is EXCELLENT. If you can afford it, buy Pureology. I'm using the hydrate line and also have the volume one. I haven't used the volume one yet though. The neatest thing about it is that you need only a nickel size of product on very wet hair and it lathers like you dumped a whole bottle of Herbal Essence on your head. The conditioner is minty and kinda tingly on your scalp and you only need a nickel's worth of that too. Gotta make sure the hair is VERY wet and saturated cuz there is no water in the formula....just good stuff. The line is phosphate free and completely vegan. So if you're into stuff like that, Pureology is a good brand for you -especially if you color your hair. Did I mention it's expensive? -it will also keep your color from looking like crap only month after you spent all that money to get it done. I also bought two sets of liters (shampoo/conditioner) of Redkin Color Safe during JCP's liter sale, another VERY good product for colored hair, so I think I will have shampoo and conditioner FOREVER. And EVER. :-) I found liters of Pureology from a hair salon in MT that sells some of their inventory on eBay (I double checked to find out if they were diverted products and they are genuine), so by just using barely 1/4 of an ounce each time I wash my hair, that stuff will last months!!
That reminds me. Do NOT buy "salon" products at Target, Walmart or anywhere else that is NOT a licensed hair salon. These places CANNOT order from the product distributors directly and very often they are even more expensive than what you pay for in a real salon -especially when that salon has awesome sales like JCP has many times a year. They order "diverted" products that may or may not be genuine because they are bought by a distributor that did not get the products directly from the manufacture. You might be buying yakk semen from Uganda for all you know!! That's also why in most salons you can't buy more than 3-4 of the same thing at once. Typically, those who do buy that much at once are "diverters" who resell the stuff online or through retail places that aren't licensed. More than you wanted to know, huh? It's amazing at what I'm learning at the ole JCP!!! :-)
ok, that's it. I suppose I could go on and on about any other given topic. But I'm tired and I need to go to bed. Adios!!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the hair care tips Angela! It is nice to know that there are vegan products out there in case I decide to eat some shampoo. Bob
Post a Comment