Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well, Gosh Dern It Anyways...

*sigh*.....let me say that again with more feeling, **SIGH**.

Guess who's in the media spotlight again? Yep, Sarah Palin. I don't know what to say. I WANT to say stuff that's not very nice. BUT, I certainly don't want to be one of those "bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie"....even though since I live in AMERICA and am AMERICAN, I have freedom of expression. Yes, yes, I understand libel and slander and also understand that I haven't seen the entries of these "bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie" -so I don't know how bad it is. I only know what the lady says.

And I don't like it.

See, this is why I stopped considering the Republican ballot. She's a DramaMama. I've got enough drama with my students...I don't need a vice president of my COUNTRY to perpetuate potshots aimed at her by citizens who enjoy their First Amendment rights and then KEEP the crap flying after the fact (and another thing....being the REPUBLICAN she is, I'm very surprised by the absolute dichotomy of that party currently marvelously demonstrated by her. They want their gun rights and their search and seizure rights, but they support banning books and insist on putting GOD in the government when the 1st Amendment secures the right for every American to have "freedom of religion, press, and expression". It's just silly. You can't pick and choose which parts of the constitution you agree with more...If they ARE ranked, search & seizure isn't until Amendment 4 and the freedom of religion, press and expression is BEFORE the right to bear arms...just silly. Not only that, but women's right to VOTE isn't until Amendment 19. I think that's a pretty damn important amendment!!).

Ok, so I'm not REALLY that liberal. Not really. Not in practice actually. But I am DEFINITELY a liberal in thought and idealism. And I'm sick of the drama! Now, I'm kinda guilty too. By just blogging about this, I'm perpetuating the drama a little longer, but I can't keep quiet!! This story broke last week....and I tried and tried and tried to let it go. It's just too absurd. And another thing: if she can't handle the media attention and the crazy tabloid-like rumors when she LOSES the vice presidency, how in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is she going to be able to handle the highest office in the country?? Spend all of her time "correcting", blaming, and complaining about how unfair they are being? or do her job?

But, so what if she's right? When HASN'T the media been biased??? I mean c'mon! Who does she think we are?? Sheep?? Maybe. I can think for myself considering several sources before I make up my mind. But I do know people who DO believe everything they hear from their favorite source....or any source. So she's probably right...we are sheep. But geez!!! Didn't her mom teach her that when she points her finger at blame all the time sooner or later it points right back to her?? Maybe they don't learn that up in Alaska. Too many moose to shoot.

Is she the siren's song leading us to get lost at sea? Or is she right? Only time will tell I guess. But for now, I'm sick of her drama.

I've got American Idol drama to pay attention to right now. :D

No comments: