Thursday, October 30, 2008

What a Girl Wants...is not Joe the Plummer

So yesterday I finally watched some of the Daily Show episodes I had been recording for a week or two. Why aren't I watching this show!!!????? I used to watch it religiously -back in the "Steve Carell days" and just a little bit after The Colbert Report spinoff (I think that's the name). Maybe I got too busy with life...or maybe it's because it was "life before DVR" and taping things on my VCR was just so clumsy and annoying. Yep, I think that's it.

Well, for whatever reason, I remembered yesterday why I adore this show. I love Jon Stewart. As I mentioned yesterday, I also re-found MSNBC and raved about Olbermann's comments on Palin. Well, he did it again and had some commentary about Joe the Plummer. Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27445192/. I think I want to marry Olbermann.

I absolutely love smart men who don't take themselves too seriously. There is nothing better than a guy who's smart but who can make jokes about issues, understand and use sarcasm well, and leans towards humorous, ironic, witty, and/or sarcastic commentary rather than using negative, blaming, and/or gruffly prejudiced commentary. I value intelligence -a lot- but I value humor more. People who take themselves so seriously bring me down and depress me. I don't like that. I like to be happy. Smart, witty people keep me happy and my mind keen. People who do take themselves and their world too seriously make me feel smarmy inside. I don't like that. This girl's brain MUST be engaged and she needs to laugh to get anything out of any relationship or I will bail.

So yesterday I let myself be tortured by some colleagues that work at the Fertile Beltrami School. I joined them for what they SAID was aerobics and strength training. I call it torture. But it was good. I think I've found muscles I thought had wasted away. So I've got that goin' for me.....which is nice.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Very well put Angela! I sure wish more people had the same desires as you. It seems as though to make it in the "corporate" world, one has to be cut throat and in general, not a real nice person. I think our economy would be doing much better if we had more careing people in the leadership positions. I just feel like the turds running some of these companies have the attitude that they are better than everyone else and have a total lack of respect for the average person. Bob