Friday, October 24, 2008

It's time for this old lady to go to bed....

Man, am I getting old. It's barely 11:00pm and I am wishing I am in bed. Why aren't I, you ask?? Well, it's because I have this problem...it's a weekend and I know I don't HAVE to get up tomorrow, so I make myself stay up as late as I can. It's an old game I play with myself. Regardless, I'll probably get up at 8am or earlier like every weekend/day off. Or "sleep in" until 8:30.

On another note, I finally got my new tires on. YEAAAAHHHH!!! I feel like I have a brand new car! Now I can drive on the muddy roads during sugar beet season in the rain around here and actually feel some traction!! Also, I went over to my friends' house, Jami and Shaun in Ada, this afternoon/evening. Shaun's the one who put the tires on at the Ada Body Shop and then afterwards he totally detailed my entire car...I mean detailed...like took off the center shift console and scrubbed it clean. He even scrubbed the carpet and got a bunch of pen ink out of one of the seats. Now I REALLY feel like I have a new car -it even smells new because of the MacGuire stuff he uses!! :-) Jami and I had a nice time just chatting and doing some preparations for her At Home America party tomorrow.

My mom called me tonight and let me know that we wouldn't be putting wood into the basement this Sunday because it's too wet. HOORRRAAYYYYY! I hate doing wood (as evidenced by my sailor mouth while stacking). But we rescheduled for next week, so I'm not off the hook.

I was reading through my other posts today. Wow. I was on a political rampage!!! I'm sure it won't be the last time....so I apologize in advance!! :-) Hmmmm....if I stay up for another half an hour, I can watch The Late Show With Craig Ferguson. I love watching that and record it everyday. It sure gives me something to laugh about after a long day with my students.

Happy weekend to everyone!!

No comments: