So I came to town today to have a massage, but found out that I made the appointment for 3:00, not 3:45 like I had thought! So I had a quick 20-30 minute massage for an hour's charge (their policy) since I got there at about 3:35. I'm a nut. OH well! Still, my poor neck and shoulders needed it.
BUT, karma was working out for me because RIGHT when I got back to my car, I got a call about a job. This week, just for fun, I decided to apply online at the JCPenney hair salon (in West Acres mall) -for a receptionist position. I wanted to find another job to supplement my car fund over the holidays and thought this is a place I wouldn't mind working at -and since this is where I get my hair done, I already was pretty familiar with the place. So, the manager there called me and lo and behold I could run over there to squeeze in an interview. So, I met with her, passed her scrutiny, then met with asst store mgr and was offered a job! Strange how these things work out! Well, pending a background check...which shouldn't be a problem. I'm not a criminal, am I?? I'll know in 2-4 days. :-)
This will give me some extra cash while I save for my car and it will also give me something to do with all my time I have now that grad school is winding down -the down time after June was nice...but now I'm very bored. I think that it might affect my participation in holiday activities, but since I've always been there for everything, I think I can be MIA once in a while this year!! I'll only work about 10-15 hours a week and will only earn $7.75 an hour because I have little to no "retail experience". I'm ok with that. The discount I can get for hair product and services, not to mention in the WHOLE store will make up for that. Also, I get commission for any product that I ring up, so if you need salon quality hair products, buy them when I'm working!!! :-)
I'm pretty happy about this. Every once in a while, stuff like this falls into my lap -and this literally fell into my lap. I did take the initiative to apply and make it through two interviews, but still, sometimes initiatives like that don't pan out. It's been a while since something like this happened, so tonight I'm doing the happy dance. I'm really looking forward to the experience. So....I just had to share that with my blog!
2 comments:
Congrats, Angela. What kind of car are you looking to purchase?
A Pontiac G8. Hopefully an '09, but I'll take an '08 for a good deal!! :-)
Wanna buy my Alero? It's for sale for $4000 in January -$5500 if you buy it today. LOL
Post a Comment