ok, I admit it. I am sick. This isn't a cold anymore, this is most likely a sinus infection. Since about 4:00 today I have been blowing out a TON of slimey greenish yellow snot...like in large quantities. Where does snot come from??? How the heck is it even made??? What a WEIRD thing for a body to produce. Ew.
AND I feel like someone's trying to pull my upper molars out or at least move them around. *sigh* What a pain in the butt to go to a doctor to wait for 1-3 hours for them to tell me what I already know and give me a dose of antibiotics. Plus, I don't feel good so that makes me super crabby. A couple times, when I was really sick and finally went into see a doctor I refused to get weighed, measured and was really short with the "how sick are you interview". Once I was really very rude to a nurse who asked me a gazillion questions about how I felt, where I felt pain, what was my pain on a scale of 1-10, is your medication list current, what are you taking for cold medicine, what my snot looked like, how often I blew my nose, etc etc etc. I finally said, "you know what? I feel really, really sick. I don't care if my record is updated -all I care about is seeing the doctor so I can get a prescription, get it filled, and go back to bed, ok?"
She was not happy with me and "told on me" by telling the doctor that I refused to answer all of her questions. Yes, she actually was scoping out the door, so when the guy grabbed my chart and came into the exam room where I was miserably waiting, she ran in and tattled.
If that wasn't so funny, I would have been very mad and complained to the clinic about her. But I must have been feverish or something because when I was leaving with prescription in hand (this was before they just emailed prescriptions to pharmacies), I actually had a chuckle about it. But then I felt sad. That nurse spent an awful lot of time chasing skinny rabbits with me...and she definitely was not responsive to my health in distress. So I hope that nurse either got herself a different job or figured out that sometimes you've got to respond to the patient's needs instead of just the checklist you want to go through. Many, many of her questions she could have figured out for herself if she listened closely and asked questions that evokes short, but still very relevant answers from me.
So tonight I've been drinking hot chocolate and hot peppermint tea. And blowing my nose ALL the time. I had to take another dose of my sudafed/mucinex/tylenol combination. I like taking these as 4-6 hour doses and I like to do them separately. I don't like "all in one" meds like Nyquil. I especially don't like cold medicine that has more than an 8hr dosage. I actually like to stagger them. I take mucinex first, then about an hour later I take sudafed and maybe tylenol with that, or about 30mns after the sudafed. And I get the "real" sudafed too -the one where you have to sign your life away and can only get 48 pills in the span of a month without a doc's prescription. That's the only thing that has really ever worked for me and after I discovered mucinex, I don't get the chest congestion that happens after I take sudafed. I feel sick, but it's doubtful I have a fever, so it can't be that bad. Right??
Tomorrow will be interesting. I don't have ANYTHING on my calendar besides being in the high school for the day. That is freakin WIERD. Usually there is something I have to attend to -a meeting, a training, touching base with a teacher or administrator, observing a kid. Tomorrow there's nothing so if I wake up this way tomorrow, I'm taking a sick day and going to the doctor to get some meds to clear this thing up.
Well Neti-pot...you didn't prevent a sinus infection this time! However, this came on quickly and I was quite sick for a couple days. I maybe overdid it a bit today too. Also, I should have stayed home from Thanksgiving on Thursday and stayed in bed like I did Friday. I felt really good Saturday for a while, until the day got long and I needed a rest. Sunday I felt really good too- I was up early, did tons of housework and then relaxed the rest of the day. I was ok this morning until about 11...then I started feeling worn out again...but I stayed at the office until 5. I should have left at 2:30 when I was done at Horizon.
Oh well!! Thanks for listening to my moans and groans about not feeling well. I HATE being sick...mostly because it's a pain in the ass. I hope I have nice & competent & emotionally stable nurses tomorrow if I need to go to the doctor. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment