Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dear Santa: Bring Me A Blizzard of Epic Proportions

Ok, so my title is a bit misleading...but I love snow and I LOVE blizzards! Well, that is as long as I don't have to drive anywhere and don't get stuck somewhere I don't want to be. Otherwise, I absolutely love winter weather.

Today I'm at Luther Family Buick, blah blah blah getting an oil change AND getting my Blizzaks put on!! I had to get my 300pounds of sandbags in my trunk Monday because I hardly had any traction so I had a very difficult time getting around in 12 inches of snow!! Now it's better...but in about 30mns it's gonna be even BETTER!!!!!!! Blizzaks to the rescue! I highly, highly, highly recommend getting these tires for any vehicle. They aren't the greatest on ice (comparable to any kind of tire), but wow can they plow through snow!! In fact, the front of my car is shaped like a plow sorta....at least the front bumper because it is pointed in the front and goes back towards the sides of the car, you know, like a "v". SO, that means I can plow through snow. LOL

I took a vacation day today. I have LOTS of errands to get done today and I definitely did not want to do them on Friday when town is crazy. I am hoping to sleep in forever and ever on Friday. I am getting a cold. A really bad one that bugs me a lot at first. Thank God I went to Walgreens late Sunday and got myself a neti pot!! I am needing that very much right now. I haven't been sick for a long time now, so I guess it can be "my turn". This is my first vacation day since July 1st. I have 20 in a 12 month period, so now I have 19 left and I think I can carry them over to next year (after July 1st), but I have to use the "old" ones by January 1. No problem because I want to use at least 7 of them next fall for a trip to Arizona for a family event.

So tomorrow we are in a blizzard watch. Actually, we are in a blizzard watch from tonight through tomorrow afternoon. I am going to Osage tomorrow to my future brother-in-law's for Thanksgiving (my sister's fiance). I decided to hitch a ride with my brother because I figure he can drive -and I'm sure he will drive in the icky weather. It must be a guy thing and I think he really gets off on defying winter. Stupid, but I'm brining wine, so I will be set if we get stuck/stranded!

Turkey day is tomorrow! I generally don't like Thanksgiving. It's a dumb, brown & orange holiday -not nearly as pretty and sparkly as Christmas. I think Thanksgiving should be re-named "Pre-Christmas" and add some sparkle to the event!! It's practically in the Christmas season anyway. I saw Christmas stuff in stores this year concurrently with Halloween stuff. I LOVE it!!!

I'm sure one of these days I'll post a tirade of my pet peeves about people's attitudes towards Christmas and how they are missing the "reason for the season". Yeee-gads. Thank God for holidays so I can spout off some nonsense of my own! :)

Looks like my car's done, so I will check you later!! Thanks for checking in! And happy thanksgiving to you and your family & friends! Even if you're family and friends happens to be a sock stuffed with another sock with a face created by a marker. :)

No comments: