So, I've been meaning to put in a blog entry for some time. I've also been meaning to get ND plates for my car, but you know how it goes!! A day off turns into a sick-in-bed day and good intentions all day long turn into I-have-no-time-to-get-away because I think my schedule is actually a living, breathing thing...it schedules me back to back with things at the last minute. Hmmmmm....maybe if I scheduled time to go to the title/registration place (like 2 mns from my apt), that wouldn't happen...huh. Next week I pledge to block off 1-2 hours of vacation time to take care of that FINALLY!!!
However, since it is finally a weekend, I have time to post. -Well, I guess feeling better has something to do with that too.
So as you have read from my last post, I was sick. Seriously, I stayed home from work for 1-1/2 days -and it takes a lot to keep me home. Hopefully the Physician's Assistant who I saw on Weds for this sickness doesn't see this because she said I was to GO HOME after I saw her at noon on Wednesday because I was running a fever. Anyway, here's the story:
So, as you know from my previous posts, I have been sick. Thanksgiving through the weekend I have been sick with a cold. Then, on Monday, that cold turned more nasty- or I noticed that it was not getting better, but worse...no matter what I did to care for that cold. I stayed at work most of the day on Monday (I left slightly before or right at 4:30), but then on Tuesday, I stayed home and I slept most of the day. Also, between Monday evening and today (actually), I have gone through at least two whole boxes of Kleenex. OMG, I've had an ASTRONOMICAL amount of snot. wow. And I've taken most of my monthly "stipend" of sudafed...a person can get 48 tablets a month without a prescription, and I have only 10 tablets left...in ONE week I've consumed 38 tablets -that's 19 doses. And don't get me started on the mucinex either! BUT, I can buy a gazillion bottles of that and not get arrested. haha....ok, I digress.
I went to the doc on Wednesday. I was gonna go on Tuesday because I had taken that entire day off as a sick day. BUT, I felt like crap and it was nasty weather out (damn near a blizzard, actually) so I stayed home and slept most of the day. So, Wednesday I ended up staying home until noonish. Then I went to the Sanford Fastrack Clinic at CashWise in Moorhead. Ok, so you're saying, "you went to a clinic housed in a GROCERY STORE???" yes. I did. I KNEW I had a sinus infection and needed antibiotics -I even know what kind works for me when it gets like this (augmentin), so the hell with playing Russian Roulette to see if I could get an appt with my "real" doctor when I needed it (actually, I tried, but no appts were available until late afternoon or Thursday). I just needed antibiotics...and you can't pick those up over the counter!!
Fastrack is staffed by physician assistants. The one on duty Wednesday was a nice, older lady who told me everything I already know about sinus infections, BUT, she was very responsive to me and didn't make me annoyed or mad -so I was nice too. I actually had a fever. I normally run about a degree or more below 98.6 when I'm healthy (I'm usually 96.7 to 97.7 regularly) and my temp at the doc was between 99 and 100. So along with my diagnosis, she actually made me promise that I would only spend an hour at work (I told her I had to go in and do some office work -because she said I should go home RIGHT away) and then go home to bed. I feel bad because I totally broke that promise (I was there until after 4:30), but anyway, I had an obvious ear infection, an obvious sinus infection, and she speculated that I had early bronchitis...or, rather, I would develop bronchitis if I did not nip the ear & sinus infection in the bud right away.
So now it's Saturday. I've been on antibiotics for 3 full days now. I do feel better, but I had to take a nap this afternoon between getting my mom's stained glass panel done and meeting a friend for dinner. I'm more tired -and it's been weird to remember to take my antibiotics. It's been a while since I was sick enough for them. In fact, last year, I did not need antibiotics for anything. Yes, I needed narcotic pain relievers for a torn off toenail and gallbladder attacks, but no antibiotics. LOL
Geez, that reminds me!!! Thank GOD I decided to blog about going to the doctor....I almost forgot to take my next dose of antibiotics! So I have blogger.com to thank about my need to take my medicine. What a cool tool blogger.com is!! haha.
Hey, you heard me mention that today I got my mom's stained glass panel finished, right? That's correct. It is done. I won't describe it or show it because it's a surprise, but....I will post a picture after I give it to her. I'll post pictures of all of the stained glass projects (and fused glass!!) that I've done so far. Next on the agenda are some panels to hang in my vaulted ceiling windows. The studio I've found in Fargo is MUCH cheaper than the one in Grand Rapids. Mom's project was $100 less in Fargo than it would have been at the studio in Grand Rapids. AND, the studio owner in Fargo is more "authentically artistic" than retail-ish. Not that retail-ish is bad, but the Stained Glass Workshop in Fargo is definitely the "real deal" and an example of an actual studio that is designed with the fundamental elements of stained glass craft than with the retail aspect of stained glass, as the Grand Rapids shop is. Does that make sense??? It's getting late and my nap this afternoon was cut short due to meeting a friend for dinner -so I feel as if I'm babbling. :)
Time to get some shut-eye. Rest assured, dear blog readers...I am on the mend. By next Wednesday I should feel 99% better. By next Saturday, I should feel spectacular!! :)
Thanks for tuning in!! Have a GREAT week and be nice to each other - apologize for the wrongs you've done if you have done so. Friends & especially family should be forgiving of one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment