Saturday, November 20, 2010

Me & My Crazy Dreams!!

Well, it's Saturday and Thanksgiving is next week. We got our first dusting of snow today that I think might stick around. The forecast has more snow for the next couple days. I'm good with that; I'd have to say it's about time.

Today was a super lazy day. I got all of my glass cut and will be grinding to size and leading it later this week. Hopefully in one day I can do both those things, solder, and mud. I was gonna do some cleaning and things like that around the house, but spent most of the day running around town on stupid and idiotic errands that in retrospect were just silly excuses for driving around to get caught up on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me episodes!

SO I have to tell you about this dream I had last night. It was weird. Let me give you some background: I have XM radio in my car (satellite radio) and recently they added a new channel: Pearl Jam Radio. All Pearl Jam all the time, including bands they are affiliated with (like Mother Love Bone). So I've been listening to that 24/7. They play certain songs every day (Keep on Rocking in a Free World remake is on EVERY DAY and I never miss it when I'm in the car so it must be MORE than once a day). Anyway, it has been what I've listened to nonstop for a while now (after I was off of my Taddy Porter kick -a new band out of OK that you really need to check out!!) and finally I've about had it. I think it's time for a break. And this is why:

Last night I had a dream that I went shopping for wine. I went to a store that was owned by Eddie Vedder, the lead singer of Pearl Jam. In fact, it was called PJ WINE. I showed up and all they had were Pinot Noir under a Pearl Jam label-that was basically a mixing of their Ten and Vs album covers -hard to describe. So I thought, "oh well, I really like pinot noir...I hope their's is good" and went to buy a whole basketful. My high school biology teacher, Mr Reier, was the checkout person and he hassled me about needing ID. I argued a lot with him telling him how old I was (I remember saying "I graduated BEFORE this band even got successful!!") but he wouldn't sell me any wine because I did not have my ID with me. Then I wandered around the store trying to find Eddie V to bitch him out cuz I wanted 8 bottles of pinot noir with the Vs looking label (I remember thinking the "Ten" label ones tasted gross), but I never did apparently because that is the last thing I remember. Oh, and they played songs in the store really loud and the place was lit with concert lighting and smoke machines. "Black" and "Yellow Ledbetter" were the songs that kept playing over and over. It was REALLY weird.

How insane is that??? I took that as a cue to stop listening to Pearl Jam Radio. Or at least take a break from them for a while.

Ok. So it's Saturday night and of course I feel as if I'm wasting my life away. Not gonna get into that, so I'm gonna share some nuggets of fun. Yep, graphic humor time!!! Enjoy!!!




No comments: