Thursday, August 20, 2009

Toooooo Much Time

I have too much time on my hands. Let me rephrase that. I have too much UNSTRUCTURED time on my hands. My to-do list is hella-long and growing exponentially...but my motivation is somewhere else. Maybe I left it at the Sheraton in Bloomington or maybe I forgot it at the gas station in Menahga this last weekend on my trip down to Perham. Actually, it's probably buried underneath all the boxes and crap in my spare bedroom. That's just really too bad because I kinda need that motivation to CLEAN that room. Irony. Life's sense of humor.

Also, I can tell that I'm either super avoiding stuff (i.e. procrastinating) or am bored because I keep posting stuff and spend FARRRRRR too much time thinking. That's nice and all and very much needed, but I think enough is enough. Time to get buried in work. That's kinda masochistic, huh? I can't wait. :-)

Oh yea, my advisor emailed me this morning and said "time to get your paper completed! submit 4 copies, blah blah blah". Well, he can just wait a little bit and get keep his panties from getting into a bundle cuz I emailed him over a MONTH ago asking for some advising but never got it, so he's on MY time table now. Secretly though, I'm really ready to get back in to that and AM excited to get back into the paper and get stuff revised and ready to resubmit. I think I'm also going to talk to them about doing some presenting at some spring and summer conferences along with submitting drafts to be published in various trade journals/publications. Rock on.

Today I have to go to a district for a meeting on implementing PBIS (positive behavior intervention supports) -which is awesome and to me, completely based on common sense. I'm soooooo excited to be able to be working with a school that's piloting this kind of disciplinary style formally with the state. Research, research, research!!!!! This will be a spectacular year! :-)

No comments: