Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Weekend Closer To the End

This weekend was pretty fun. I was in Hillsboro on Thursday at a co-worker from ASEC's house for a Lia Sophia party and stayed the night there. It was nice catching up with her. Another co-worker is a Lia Sophia sales consultant who did the party, so it was fun catching up with her as well. Then on Friday I made my way to Perham where I stopped in Detroit Lakes to get an oil change and some other stuff done to my car that Pontiac had recalled. I needed some stuff reprogrammed or something. My "change oil" light hadn't come on yet...and it had been over 9,000 miles since my last oil change, so I thought I had better get my butt in there! Turns out I was ok...the service guys at Norseman's just shrugged when I asked them why it let me go that long without saying I needed it changed and said "you're just a really good driver". Haha. That's great. Of course, about 80% of those 9000 miles were long trip highway miles so that makes an incredible difference as well.

Then I went to Perham to visit my family and stayed the night. Nothing eventful there, kinda boring actually but it was nice to visit.

On Saturday I went to my cousin Jodi's baby shower which was very nice, by the way, and then to Ada for my "going away bbq". That was really very much fun. A lot of friends stopped by and most stayed late to hang out and play cards and other board games. Jami had made a "picture board" of me, which was sort of un-nerving...and weird, but very fun after I took the time to look at them because they really were really great memories! Wow did I have some good times there! LOL Mostly really silly goofy stuff. That's probably the best kind of fun to have though! :-)

I stayed there last night and this morning after breakfast and more visiting, I made my way back home. It was so nice to get home! I really do love it here. I'm doing laundry and getting ready for my week of trainings and more visiting with old friends and relatives. I'm excited to reconnect with some old friends (one of which I haven't seen or talked to in over 20 years!!) and also to spend some time with family. That will make a week of training bearable!!

I'm finding that this job is going to be a busy one. If I'm not being pulled in every which way and direction HERE, I'm running here and there (most often down to the cities) for meetings and workshops. I have another 2-day-er next week down there too. No rest for the wicked I guess. And I'm not complaining...I love this and it's what I've been working towards for a very long time. But it's always nice to come home and do nothing afterwards!

My grass is going to be CRAZY long when I get back next week. Fun, fun. Hopefully it won't be raining that weekend so I can get it mowed and looking nice again.

No comments: