Does it ALWAYS rain up here??? I swear to God, every day it seems like it has rained. It's like a tropical rain forest. Some days it can be clear as a bell and then WHAM...clouds swoop over and it downpours for like 10mns, then it's clear skies once again. I really am not complaining -and it's kinda cool really, but geez! A girl can't plan anything!
This weekend my friend Cindy came up. We did virtually nothing. We didn't hang out downtown taking part in any of the Tall Timber Days festivities....we did drive by and take a look-see, but it just looked dead or looked dumb OR it looked like it was gonna rain (and we were right about that one!), so we just did whatever. Which was go to a Chinese buffet and sit there for two hours talking up a storm, driving around and talking up a storm, sitting at home and talking up a storm into the wee hours of the night and then today going to Zorbaz for three hours this time and talking up a storm. That was good though. Sometimes I don't think people talk to each other enough...not with modern "communication conveniences" like texting and other social networking websites. Cindy's the kind of friend that where you fall right into where ever you left off the last time you saw them -and you can be as sarcastic and "mean" as you want and she KNOWS it's all in fun -and she GIVES it right back. SOOO much more worse too, so you've got to have a good sense of humor cuz if you dish it out, you'd better be able to take it! That's the beauty of our friendship I think. And that's cool. Everyone needs a friend like that.
I can't believe it's 7:30pm already. I have so many good intentions every day of getting this place more in order, but every day I decide to just "take a break". Now I'm starting to wonder what exactly I'm needing a break from??? LOL!!!
Well, I DO have an issue right now. Yesterday afternoon I was doing dishes and was washing one of my glasses and happened to break it as my hand was inside with the washcloth cleaning it. It cut my right index knuckle pretty good. After a very, very good swear, I dried off, wadded up a paper towel & put pressure on it, went to my broom closet, got out my first aid kid (the first thing I actually bought for my house here...good foresight, huh??) and got down to business. It looked bad and I was bleeding alllllll over the place. By this time I was getting kinda woozey and couldn't really find what I was looking for in the first aid kit (butterfly closures)...or really, at that point I wasn't sure WHAT I was looking for to fix it. Then Cindy called me to let me know she was on her way (finally!!). So here's me telling her this saying, no, it's not bad, no I don't need stitches, don't worry, I'm fine, but I just need to sit down for a minute first before I put a bandaid on it (which I wasn't sure I could actually do at that time)...so I sat down before I passed out while on the phone. After I got off the phone with her, I looked at it again and REALLY looked at it. It was a nice deep cut right on the right side of the right index knuckle, before the finger starts, still on the hand. The skin wasn't flappy and it looked like it could be butterflied together ok, so then I thought, like hell I'm going into the ER! I've got company coming!!! So I rested and put pressure on the hand with my arm up, hand laying above my head until I felt like I was ok, and then proceeded to fix it up. Let me tell you, those Johnson & Johnson Butterfly Closures are NOT meant to be opened one handed or with one hand and the two lamest fingers on the other hand (ring finger & pinky). It took me SOOO long to open them, I had to take ANOTHER break or I was gonna pass out AGAIN! I am a WIMP. But I got the knuckle to close up with three of them criss-crossed and put two of those flexible knuckle shaped bandaids over them. I changed the bandages and butterfies around 9pm and also taped on a tongue depressor cut to size for a splint so I quit flexing my finger & knuckle cuz everytime I did or made a fist, i felt it opening up a bit.
So today it's ok, but seriously?? I should have gone in and got some stitches. Seriously. It's ok and it looks like it'll be fine, but still, it could be much, much better and it was probably bad enough to have warranted a visit to the ER. They probably just would have butterflied me as well, but even superglue would have been better. Lesson learned I guess. Now it's too late to go in because it's been more than 24 hrs and healing has already begun...so I now will have a wicked scar across my knuckle. So don't mess with me and my badass scar. Haha. I guess if I wasn't such a competent chick in taking care of myself I wouldn't be in that boat though, huh? haha. -actually, it probably has more to do with stubborness than competence!!
First aid is fun, but holy crap am I getting soft in my old age. When cleaning it and redressing it last night I got dizzy again and had to drag a chair into the kitchen to sit for a while. What is up with that??!!?? I bought more butterflies at Walmart today so I should be good now for a couple more days. Today it didn't bleed..really...well, just kinda dotted at the seam when it got pulled apart kinda when I took the old butterflies off & flexed it around a bunch (stupid Angela). Nothing major and it looked clean and not crusty or puffy or red or anything.
So...I've got that goin for me.
Which is nice.
1 comment:
I got light headed just reading your story Angela....Glad it all worked out! Bob
Post a Comment