Guess what happened today?
Yep! You guessed it!! It rained a little! I am going INSANE!!!!!!!!!! How can this be??????
Anyway. Here's my real story for the day. So I went in to work for a bit today to get some things sorted out/settled. I had to make sure I had my professional organizations registrations in so I can start getting their calendars of workshops and whatever. I've got places to go and things to see...er...I mean, learn. That went well. I even learned a few new things about pdf documents and powerpoint presentations. Good, great, fine. So then I came home and decided I'd better do some first aid to my hand/knuckle. I had redressed it after my shower this morning, but after washing hands and just normal "living", the bandages were coming off again. I still just wasn't satisfied with how it looked. So...I called the Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital and made myself an appointment.
Nice place. Easy registration-VERY easy, and I was seen RIGHT away at my 2pm appointment time. The doctor was very, very personable (as were ALL the staff from the front receptionists to the doc's nurse) and thought putting some of that super glue stuff -the derma bond stuff- would do the trick, but we'd have to leave a little part of it open so that there would be a spot for it to drain or whatever in case it would get infected. Since I had waited SOOOO long, there was a huge chance there was quite a bit of bacteria down inside the wound already (which is totally normal), but closing up the would completely would be very bad because there would be nowhere for the bacteria to go but there...and that could possibly eat away my hand. YUCK! So anyway, he put the stuff on it. I was out of there by 2:15.
Then I went to the post office because I had to drop some stuff off in the mail, but needed a delivery confirmation thing, so I was grabbing my purse with my right hand, and felt it pull a bit and it hurt. I thought, "OWWW, geez, it still stings" (cuz it stung a little when he put the stuff on it) and made my way out of the car up the stairs. I looked down at my hand as I was opening the door and found that the cut had popped open and blood was welling up on the wound ready to roll off my hand all over the place. -and I'm talking a lot of blood. So, I ran back to my car to get a kleenex and called the clinic back.
After a bit they called me back and I went back to get some more of the stuff put on it. This time I did have to wait for a little bit longer, since I didn't really have an appointment, but it only took the guy about 5 mn to do, which was good. He put TONSSSS on. The stuff has a purple tint in the small tube it's in, and you can't see that when you put it on, but he put it on sooooo thick that you could totally see that it had a purple tint to it.
Now tonight I'm very glad he put at least half the tube on my knuckle. A lot seeped into the cut area and though it's not concave where the cut is, it is very level now where earlier it was like a hill of dermabond on top of the cut. Thank God. My only hope now is that it doesn't get infected. That would just piss me off. A LOT.
But anyway...that was pretty much my day. Other than being completely amazed that it rained sort of again. That can't be normal. BUT, I guess it could, now that I think about it considering all the lakes and water around here... There's probably quite a bit of convection and evaporation and other meteorological and scientific stuff that goes on daily in the summer. Well, now, that makes me feel better. :-) Science. It solves everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment