Heh, I just realized I did not title my last post...but who cares. Anyway, I just wanted to say that my grass is KINDA long, but not long enough to mow tonight or tomorrow so I just MIGHT leave it until Sunday or Monday...I think Monday sounds like a good day for that!! haha. And thankfully, I do not have to go down to MPLS for another workshop next week. I was kind of concerned about that because I would have been missing 2 days of stuff up here that I was going to stick my nose into and I'd much rather learn about the stuff HERE (like the staff, the "hidden curriculum" i.e. culture, the procedures, etc) than go down for 2 days to learn how to observe early childhood teachers. YEa, that's useful and blah blah blah...but that won't tell me which curriculum Greenway is using for their remedial math program or which supplementary materials Deer River is using for reading recovery. PLUS, Deer River is piloting PBIS (positive behavior intervention and supports) for the next two years with state support, and one of their organizational meetings is being held on the day I would have been gone. I am ALLLLLLL about the PBIS. That stuff is where it's at for treating students with dignity, respect, and still clearly defining limits, rules, and doling out consequences when needed. Perfect.
So, I'm very write-ey tonight. I had a long week!!!! I did no blogging or writing other than a few facebook status updates, maybe responded to some stuff, and writing only for my seminar. And the texting I may have done does not count cuz I have FARRR too much to say most of the time than can fit into my text field. Ever have that problem? I do ALLLLLLLLLL the time. Anyway, it's gonna rain like crazy here soon, so I've got to make sure my windows are all closed up nice & tight.
No comments:
Post a Comment