Today I did a lot of stuff. Well, not too much, but I was busy and that's good. I went to the dentist to get my occlusal guard fitted that was redone (after months of office visits to get it just right). I need it for TMJ in my jaw and for the fact that I had been grinding my teeth a crazy lot at night. I don't have near the amount of headaches I used to and my overall health feels very good. I contribute a lot of that to that guard. In fact, I've learned recently that baseball players are being fitted with these things for them to wear during games, workouts, etc to combat stress and its physiological effects. I think it's a miracle device! Dr. Joy's Dental Clinic in Halstad is awesome!!! I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to keep coming back to this area for my dental stuff. She's a bit on the high price side and isn't in my insurance network so I pay full price for everything, but I tell you, the service and the smarts of the lady really make up for it. Joy is awesome and I would recommend her office to ANYONE -plus, she's a super nice lady and I enjoy my visits there. From the front desk staff to the hygienists, everyone's been wonderful.
I also tanned cuz I'm white as a ghost and then went to JCP to find some jeans and a few tops, since I've grown out of most everything I have. I found some stuff on clearance and that was awesome. I also picked up a quilt/comforter that I bought online for my new bed when I move.
Then I went to the Redhawks game with my parents and my sister Amelia. It was a very good game and a nice time visiting with them all. It was also the perfect night for baseball. I was very wary earlier in the day because it was cloudy and looked a lot like rain, but by 6:00 it had started clearing up and was sunny as hell. I think a good time was had by all!!
Before all of that, at home, I did some calls to various places to change my address and stuff like that -the little things that have to be done when you are moving. Ick. Sure beats packing though!!! Oh yea, and my sister offered to pick up my bedroom set I bought at Furniture Outlets in West Fargo next Tuesday and bring it all the way to Grand Rapids for me (my brother Albert is borrowing us his truck). That will be sooooooo cool!! :-) I'm going there Tuesday and Wednesday next week to get stuff delivered (washer/dryer from Sears and some furniture from Slumberland) and am happy to have all the bedroom ensemble there as I spend my first night in my new place. I sure hope the place isn't haunted! :-) My parents will be coming up one of those days as well with a couch I bought from Albert and mom is going to help me spruce up the flower beds I have in the front of the house....or rather, she'll help me bring them back from disrepair! Then dad can wander all around and tell me everything that's wrong with the place and meet all my neighbors. He's really good at that.
Tomorrow I have the entire day off and the most important thing I have to do is to prepare for my Education Specialist Orals on Friday. I have to defend my field study I conducted this year and if I can do that successfully, I'll be "awarded" my degree. Then I will be Angela K. Doll, Ed.S. Not quite a doctorate, but VERY close. Then I'm DONE with school for a while!! Maybe some day I'll find something that interests me enough to do a doctorate about it...but until then, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of living! :-)
By the way, thanks to all who are clicking the ads on this page. KEEP IT UP!!!! Click click click away!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment