Thursday, June 11, 2009

I AM Done!

Tonight I finished all my revisions/proofing of my field study. 77 pages and it's finished well enough. Now I only have to print 4 copies and drop them off at the department tomorrow. Of course, I have to work on my presentation now. My oral defense is on June 26th (at 2pm...on a FRIDAY! Who the heck scheduled THAT!??) and I'm assuming I'll have to prepare a powerpoint presentation. I will definitely have to study my material VERY well in anticipation of questions the review committee will have. So, for the next two weeks, I'll be preparing to be grilled and raked over the coals for an hour...on a Friday afternoon in the summer. Yikes!!

I'm glad this isn't a doctorate dissertation...but I think that's completely manageable now that I've done this. In fact, I think it would be a little bit easier because I think I'd have more guidance and more deliberate coursework if this were a doctorate and not just a specialist degree. Tri-College sure could improve their support and programming for those of us choosing the specialist field study route...and they need to stablize their program better. In 2 years I've had three advisors -and my academic record still says my first advisor...who retired 2 years ago! Oh well!! I'm done with this grad school crap for a while now!!! Time to get "real world" experience!! I know I'll be busy enough this year and it will be nice to not have so many other balls up in the air along with work challenges. That's how normal people live, right? With just one job/career?? When they go home from work at night they do regular stuff...like live, right?? :-)

I'm really looking forward to starting my new job in August!! I'm going to a training to be a CPI trainer (crisis prevention intervention) since I'll be doing trainings for the co-op I'll be working in. I've always wanted to do that, so I'm pretty excited (I am a nerd). The cool thing is, it's in Bloomington and it's for an entire week (well, Tuesday through Friday), so I'm going to be able to catch a Twins game and maybe some other stuff!!!

So.....I should go to bed, but I don't really have to, so I'm going to stay up a bit longer until I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open. I'm getting there! oh crap-I have to run my electricity bill up to drop off tonight so it's not late tomorrow. Well, I guess I'll just have to go for a drive -at 1am! :-)

1 comment:

Bob said...

That is not the kind of "grillin" that one should be exposed to...any time of the year.

Yup.....after this you will be very well prepared for you piled high and deep grillin. Congrats in advance! Bob