Saturday, July 18, 2009

WHEWWWW...the big move is done.

I haven't posted in a week and a day because I've been without internet service sans Blackberry -and I haven't taken the time to figure out how to navigate this site via my Blackberry.

My friends Jami and Shaun helped me move today. Yesterday we packed up everything that could fit into a 5x8 U-Haul trailer and Ford Explorer (Shaun's parents'...thanks Danny & Kathy!!!!!). Shaun's little brother Cody helped (he was a box moving machine!) and Jami & Shaun's friend CJ (well, Ok, my friend too I guess!!!) helped as well until his wife beckoned him home. We packed up everything within 45 minutes! It went so super smoothly. Then Roxi came over and she, Jami, Connie (Jami's mom) and I had "card night". We used to have card night A LOT before, but in the past year it's been VERY spotty. We usually play Canasta (our version, that is!) but last night we played Apples to Apples since that is my favorite game! We then played two hands of Canasta until it was time for bed!

This morning Jami and her 7month old daughter Aly rode with me in the car and Shaun drove the Explorer pulling the U-Haul trailer. Shaun and I emptied unpacked the "transporters" while Jami took care of Aly. Shaun also permanently fixed my washing machine drain pipe so now I can do laundry!! :-) WOO HOOO!!!

Now I have boxes all over and crap all over. Now that I have some of this stuff here, I'm thinking I should have gotten rid of it all. Oh well!! My back has hurt very much this afternoon, so I decided to take it easy a bit and relax for a little while. It's been nice to catch up on internet stuff I couldn't do well on my blackberry. That thing is awesome though!!! :-)

We didn't fit everything in the trailer, my car, and the explorer, so I still have some stuff in Ada yet. I also have to clean my apartment. So on Tuesday I have some appointments in Fargo and I'll be going to Ada to stay at Jami's on Monday until maybe Wednesday? I'm not sure. I need to really get that place cleaned out and it will take an entire day, I'm quite sure of it!! -if not more. Holy cow. I just wish I was done with all of this! Next time I move, I'm splurging on professional movers and they can do everything!!

So, here I am in Grand Rapids. I like this town and I feel at home here so far. I'd like to feel like I am COMPLETELY moved though so I can start concentrating on my new job. I have some reading and researching to do to prepare.

Thanks for visiting this site and clicking on ads! It really works great! :-)

No comments: