Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Caribou Has the Best Cold Pressed Coffee!

I'm in Fargo today because I had a doctor appointment and am getting a massage in T-minus 55mn. Boy oh boy do I need one!!!! I am all bruised and battered from moving. The nurse almost went through the big "do you feel safe at home" schpeel with me when she saw my arms! I told her I've been moving and haven't been taking care with the stuff I'm lifting. As long as the item is ok and the walls/doorways aren't damaged, I can endure bruises and various contusions. I can heal. A wall cannot-unless I fix it and who has time to do that!?! LOL

I'm once again sitting in a Caribou Coffee in Fargo, checking up on the internet stuff I can't do from my blackberry and enjoying some VERY FINE coffee. Indeed. This stuff is the best. I found out they use their Fireside blend to make their cold-pressed coffee. The barista graciously shared the ratio: 1/2lb fireside blend to 1 gallon of water. Holy lotsa grounds Batman! No wonder it's so tasty!! I'm incredibly thrilled that my new town has a Caribou. I love hanging out at them too. The decor is awesome and their coffee is awesomer. I think I've lamented about this before! :-) One present you would NEVER go wrong with me: a Caribou Coffee gift certificate!!

I'm staying in Ada with my friend Jami for a couple days while I finish cleaning out my apartment. Maybe, if the cleaning fairies are kind to me, I'll be finished tomorrow and can hand in my keys so I don't have to come back. My director called me today and asked when I would be in Grand Rapids full time because we have some planning to do for the upcoming fall inservices. I'd really like to be "free" of the Ada junk before I do that so I can have my full attention on my new job. I think I've said THAT before too!

My doctor this morning put me on a new drug that, combined with Wellbutrin, is supposed to be magical for appetite suppressing without the "stimulus" effect that a traditional appetite suppressant has. It's an anticonvulsant. Which is weird, right? But a few studies have been coming out showing that it's an amazing drug for weight loss/management AND pain management. In fact, it's starting to be prescribed for fibra mialgia patients now too because the other FM drugs cause weight gain and sometimes depression. So, I'll be excited to try that. I've lost about 60lbs to date since January 29th of this year and my doctor is hell bent to help me lose 40 more to make a 100lb loss. I don't think I've been that thin since 8th grade! The good thing is right now, I'm no longer "obese" -I'm just overweight. Which hasn't happened since I was probably 19!! My head has finally caught up with my weight loss and I feel more empowered to keep losing now. Before I was feeling like, "Whoa, slow down!!! Who ARE you???" and now I'm ok and ready for the next 40lbs. Albeit, this round will be much slower, that's ok with me...Weight loss is SUCH a head game. And I want my head to be in the "lasting weight loss/maintenance" mode...not obsessed with pound after pound so I'm looking for continued lifestyle change, not just "dieting". That's why I'm staying away from Weight Watchers for a LONGGGGGG while. I still don't like them because I think they persevere on weight numbers and points of food. At least for me, Weight Watchers has done very little with the head game and medical reasoning behind weight loss. That's what's made me more successful than my Optifast group counterparts too. Everything clicked for me.

Anyway, it's almost time to balance my checkbook and be on my way to my massage appointment. I made the appointment for an hour and a half. Hopefully they can navigate around all my bruises! yikes!!! I should go tanning too...but I'm too lazy to stand in the coffin oven for 12 mn! Hahaha. I'll just save my skin and I forgot my sunscreen anyway for my face, so forget that. After I'm done there, it's back to Ada to clean out my huge hall closet I've put off in my apartment. I know it's mostly garbage but maybe I'll find some old treasures. :-) Ta ta for now!!

No comments: