Thursday, July 9, 2009

Almost time for the big move

Well, for the last day I've been in my new place in Grand Rapids. I came up on Wednesday because I had to be here for my direct tv install and I got some more unpacking and organizing done. I also was able to carve out time to open a new bank account. Hooray for Wells Fargo...now I can do my banking almost anywhere and not have to pay extra fees at ATM's since it's pretty likely that I can find a wells fargo atm almost anywhere.

So my satellite was hooked up yesterday. That was great but it ended up costing me $75 extra for them to put it on a post instead of screwing it into the side of my house or the roof. Whatever. I was pretty happy with everything else...except for one thing...so last night I was watching tv and I started to notice the cable and phone cords the guy used. I was going to move my tv/stand over about a foot and I found I can't!!! The guy gave me NO slack at all with the cable line. Also, he tacked the cords along the floor, but ended that a foot from the corner. WOw, I didn't know Direct TV were so cheap with their cable cords!!! I think that this is ridiculous and if I were paying more attention while he was installing it (he was very quick at it too), I could have stopped him and asked him to give me about 2 ft or so of slack so I could move the thing to another corner in the room if I had wanted to. Oh well. I may just call them up and ask them to send someone out to fix it because I'm not happy with it. Anyone have Direct TV and know if they would be nice about this?? It's fine how it is, but it just BUGS me. And I don't like things that bug me. :-)

So today I'm slow going -just enjoying the morning and coffee...except now it's the afternoon. I think I'm going to stay here tonight too. I want to go through the boxes of my stuff from the school year. I've got all my other boxes all unpacked that I've brought except those and I should really get that room more organized before all my stuff gets moved next week. My friends in Ada are helping me move next Saturday and after that the only thing I will have left at my Ada place are some cleaning supplies and a whole lot of cleaning to do!

Thanks for clicking on the ads. You are awesome. :-)

No comments: