Today I had a LONG day! I got up at 5am and was on the road by 6am to get to Fargo. I had to drop off my key and associate discount card at JCPenney's (I had forgotten that) and during the night last night I busted my cpap mask AGAIN. I am ALWAYS breaking that kind of mask but it is the only kind that doesn't irritate my skin. Well, good thing I was going that way today because I was able to pick up a new one. My original plan was just to go to Ada today to finish cleaning out the apartment, "check out" and pack my car full of some of the things left in Jami and Shaun's garage. The JCP thing and the Cpap thing just meant that I had to leave 3-4 hours earlier so I was sure to get all the Ada stuff done on time.
As of 7:15pm today I no longer have a residence in Ada. I gave my keys back and never ever have to go to that town again unless I want to visit my friends (which, of course, I will now and then!!). Checkout took SOOOOO long! I was really itching to get back onto the road so I could get home at a decent time, but oh well. It's not that late, but since I'm not yet that familiar with the roads up here, night driving is kinda freaky. Tonight it was CRAZY after it got dark because of course it started to rain a little and it was foggy as well. The roads are so curvy and hilly it's like playing Night Driver from Atari. Remember that arcade game??? They used to have that arcade game at the pizza place in Perham way back when. I can't remember what the place was called, but in junior high I spent quite a lot of money playing that game. Came in handy tonight, if I do say so myself! :-)
I loved it though. For years I've been wishing to live somewhere that has roads that are "fun" to drive -where they aren't straight for miles and you can't see the next town 15 miles away. Well, I have certainly gotten my wish!!! Holy cow. It was lovely though!!
I am so glad to have my vacuum here now! I have everything but my christmas stuff here now. That stuff is still at Jami and Shaun's because it wouldn't all fit into my car. I sure crammed a whole lot of stuff in there. I think I'm ruining my struts or suspension or something with all the moving hauling I've done!!! Thank god it's mostly over now. I've found I can fit a heck of a lot into my trunk. Today I fit four 18 gallon rubbermaid totes in my trunk. That's a lot of stuff!!
Tomorrow I have to sort out and clean up all that I've brought back. I also am anxious to vacuum. Then I have to go meet with my director at 2pm to start planning our fall workshop and apparently he has a project for me to work on already. Wow, no rest for the wicked I guess! Then after 6 I'm meeting up with my cousin's husband who's in town. Tom's great and I'm glad I found out he was in town. They are expecting their first kid in November (I think it's November) and it's neat listening to him talk about ultrasounds. If you knew the guy, you'd get a kick out of it too. We're going to get rootbeer floats. But DON'T tell Jodi (his wife) -I don't think he's "allowed that kind of food right now. So, I don't think Jodi reads this blog....but if you are Jodi...SORRY! I'll make sure he gets a DIET rootbeer float like me with 1/2 the usual icecream. I can't eat all that stuff anymore either, so I'll keep him in line. :-) It sure will be good though! I know the PERFECT A&W to take him to! I stumbled upon it getting gas one day.
I was VERY happy to see all my boxes gone from my curb when I got home tonight! That means the recycling people picked them up as promised! Tomorrow is garbage day so I have to get up early and get the garbage out there. I don't have my garbage tote/can thingy yet, so I don't want to put bags out on the curb to attract critters overnight. That wouldn't be very neighborly of me. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment