Sunday, May 10, 2015

Resistance is futile

So remember when I said I wouldn't weigh myself at home anymore? Well curiosity got to this cat & I peeked at my weight this am. I won't post the number, but it said what I felt like it should say. I'm ok with it but still impatient.

Today I made some interesting things - a guacamole made from asparagus called "mockamole". It was ok for about 4 bites. Then it sucked really bad. I will never make that again! I also made a recipe I found called a "naked burrito" which was shredded chicken (cooked in a crock pot all day with lots of spices), a can of rotel tomatoes & green chilis, and eggs. It was like an egg bake really. And it was tastey. It made two servings and I HATE leftovers made from eggs so the rest pretty much went to waste. I'd definitely make that one again.

It was a long day of cooking, prepping food, laundry, and cleaning. My treat before bed is an "apple crisp" which is essentially chayote squash cubed & baked with splenda & cinnamon for about an hour with Ideal Protein maple oatmeal crumbled on it with Walden Farms caramel syrup to give it some moisture. Chayote squash has very little taste on it's own but baked with cinnamon it tastes like baked mild apples. It's also counted as a veggie. I sure hope it tastes good because the mockamole did not.

Next weekend I am going to try making a rhubarb compote for a rhubarb parfait. How exciting!

No comments: