Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mystery Solved Sorta

I was very disappointed in my weigh in this week. It was 186.6. That is unacceptable (only a 2.4 loss) and I really have a hard time believing it because I've been doing everything "right". However, now that I think about it tonight, I have a feeling that my birthday dinner with my family last Friday may have screwed me up a bit. I knew there was butter and maybe even more stuff in the food that I normally stay away from when I'm in ketosis and fat burning mode. For a few days now I've been beating myself up with WHY my loss was so minimal - and THIS is why. Add to that I usually do best when I have chicken breast and steamed broccoli for dinner rather than fancy recipes I've been trying lately, I have discovered why I probably didn't lose as much this week.

I still feel smaller and I also have been fitting into clothes I could barely wrestle into even 3 weeks ago. The majority of the clothes I bought a few weeks ago that were too tight are now "just right" - so things are ok. I'm in the phase now when I'm not that hungry. I'm over that 3 week hump that I get into. I'll be good for a few more and then week six or seven usually drives me nuts. Luckily I am only doing this for 8 weeks or so and then phasing off. Once the end of August rolls around, I believe I will start up again and lose any remaining weight, possibly go lower than I should so that I have a little buffer for the winter (which is when I usually gain steadily).

So onward I go. A friend of mine recently started IP and holy crap has it been nice to have someone to talk to about this lifestyle that totally understands. No one else in my life is making good food choices nor understand my goals and the choices I'm making. That's frustrating and it's awkward - especially when I don't have a beer or a drink with them and order "healthy stuff" at restaurants. Oh well. It's not forever and I know those who are sticking with me want what's best for me -they encourage me instead of tskking me. The others just don't get it - nor do they see what they're doing to themselves. I might die of cancer or a car accident or some other weird disease or freak accident - but I'll be damned if I'm going to be diabetic with high blood pressure & heart disease. If I go out, I'm going out healthy and I'm going out feeling good about my size.

No comments: