Friday, May 8, 2015

A Week of Stuck

So I haven't been losing like I've wanted to this past week. I was PISSED on Tuesday because I gained a pound and did not move inches-wise. Then on Wednesday, I saw no movement on the scale at home at all again. So I decided I am not going to step on a scale until my weigh-in next week again on Tuesday.

I've been doing everything "right"...maybe this is just my body getting back into fat burning mode/ketosis because I've gone about 4 months KINDA doing things right. This time I am doing everything right and maybe my body is like "hey, remember when she did this last time? Just chill and stick around, fat, because she'll feed you with carbs soon". Not so, amigo. Not so.

I had a great dinner with my parents and one of my sisters tonight. It was a bit of a challenge with the menu because I'm pretty sure that some of my food was slathered in butter (though I asked for no butter or dairy on any of my food) and the steak I ate was seasoned with a rub that probably had some sugar in it. Oh well! Can't win them all - but it was still a good dinner because the company was good. It is SO easy to eat clean and eat without so many carbohydrates...it's not popular and people sometimes think you're weird or are cheating yourself, but it's very worth it. I feel better, I'm losing weight, and that just makes me feel better all around every day. It's still frustrating when I don't lose as much as I think I should, but I don't feel denied or really restricted - I feel like this is very healthy and I eat soooooo much good food (and large quantities too!) that it's hard to feel as if I am on a "diet". I have a different way of eating...that's all. And I get positive results in my whole life from this way of eating.

In other news, it is FREEZING COLD. So cold that I dug out my winter coat to wear to dinner! I'm excited though because I am gonna go to bed in a minute here and snuggle into my covers. Then I'm sleeping in. I can't wait!!

Take care of yourself and give up sugar for two weeks. Like ALL sugar, especially the hidden stuff and most of the artificial sweeteners you consume. You'll see how awesome life can be once your system gets rid of all the crap and inflamation your body has because of it. Just try it. You'll probably thank me.

No comments: